Tips and suggestions on how to make the game as realistic as real life.

Hi

I have just bought the game today, and have played the games for the past 5 years, but I really want to make the most of this game and make it as realistic as possible and fully use the game potential rather than scratch the surface.

So in the format of

etc

Could you give me some tips and advice on how to make the game as realistic as possible from the start of the game including features I may not know, transfers, club choices, settings, tactics,training, board, other nations, set-up etc and anything else I might need to know or could try.

Thanks for your help in advice.

If you have played the last 5 versions of FM, the features you 'may not know' might include team meetings or scouting pools.

I'm not sure about you asking what makes the game more realistic though... You could always take your CV to your local club and ask for a job! :cool:

If you're asking us to tell you what is and is not realistic, then that's not very realistic.

You should play the game however you see fit - there are no rules, nobody to impress.

Have your fun, get your money's worth.

You don't get a prize for being realistic.

FMRTE, if used for certain purposes, can help make the game more realistic rather than less.

Honestly, it depends. If you edit it to help you in situations which are accurately depicted, then it's not realistic but if you use it to edit bugs and situations which are not realistic, such as all your good players leaving the national team just before the WC, then obviously FMRTE is merited.

1. Only ever start once - re-starting gives you knowledge you wouldn't have otherwise. Even if you are sacked, keep going with whoever signs you.

2. Never use editors, good player/tactics guides or advice from forums.

3. Start off with the lowest experience possible, eg Sunday League footballer.

4. Don't do things you know to be unrealistic, especially if the AI doesn't. Things like lower league teams arranging 20 friendlies against top league opposition for the money.

5. Ignore all the above and play however you find most fun.

To me, all that makes the game far more realistic, and I wonder how many people who find the game too easy can say they do all that.

Very funny.

Why have I never heard of this? I have been playing FM since aroung 08 and always only used the editor that loads before you play the game. This is genius!

FMRTE is a 3rd party application, and not officially supported by SIgames.

I take it, it does not pose any problems with the game?

I may well download it and see wht its like, but this may just encourage cheating!!

It can.

The warning comes with it: "Use this editor at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage that this software may cause to your computer, or your savegame (you should make a backup, before you start using this editor)."

It can.

The warning comes with it: "Use this editor at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage that this software may cause to your computer, or your savegame (you should make a backup, before you start using this editor)."

I don't like the part where its says damage to your computer. I may give this a swerve. Only ever use the editor nearer the end of the year (just before the one comes out) or as a **** about game.

Archived