Assistant manager talking utter rubbish

I've had two messages now telling me that one of my players is suffering from a severe lack of first team football. Funny, because he's started 11 out of 11 games this season, and played 44 first team games last season.

Is my assistant manager stupid? Or is this a bug?

I have a theory about this. You're playing in a lower division, and the player in question needs to play in a higher division to develop further.

I had that with some players last season, then we got promoted, and they have started developing again.

Mmm, maybe. I'm chasing promotion with Portsmouth. The same assman says that the player has the potential to be a good Championship player in future (to me he already is!) so he doesn't seem to think the player is being held back. I suppose it's possible that he needs to play at a higher level.

Hopefully I'll get promoted to see how he goes then.

I've had the odd one when my player has been out but then started say 2 or 3 matches but not playing 11. Log it in the bugs forum with a save file

PS Season 2011/12 I finished 6th and lost to Reading on aggregate in the play-off semis. Wage budget gets tougher season 2!

I have a theory about this. You're playing in a lower division, and the player in question needs to play in a higher division to develop further.

I had that with some players last season, then we got promoted, and they have started developing again.

No, because there is another comment "[playerX]'s progress has stalled due to needing a new challenge". All my players and youths have this in their training report.

Both comments need looking at.

Archived