league cup is stupid

So I'm playing Arsenal in my second season and my board doesn't care about the League Cup but every single team still puts all their starters out. I just played against Chelsea in the first premier league round of the cup and the players were as follows:

----------------Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Luiz

--------------Obi Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Sosa

---------------Mata

--------------Torres

Drogba and Kalou came off the bench.

They played against my line-up of:

----------------Fabianski

Sagna - Squillaci - Hajrovic - Jenkinson

--------------Coquelin

----------Eastmond - Aneke

Chamberlin-----------------Vela

--------------Afobe

Faga, Chamach, and Gervinho off the bench

You may not recognize some/most of my players not because they're newgen gods but because they're the crappy reserve players Arsenal are already stocked with**. Why is Chelsea (and every other club) playing all their starters? btw I won 3-1 after had 2 sending offs* lol.

*clarify, they had 2 sendings off, not me

**Afobe, Vela, Chamberlin, Eastmond, Aneke, Coquelin, Jenkinson, Hajovic, Squallaci, and Faga are all reserve/under 18s and have never started for me in the first team.

How so?

1) I won

2) my club doesn't care if I win/lose as seen by my 58% approval of the win I got

3) it's the league cup. in real life I'd rather Arsenal lose right away so they're not distracted for the real competitions (even against Tottenham)

You would rather anrsenal lost irl? Its there best chance of a trophy

I think the fact it was a rival has alot to do with it. Check out these three games. Arsenal played Stevenage in the 4th, Newcastle in the 5th round, and then Spurs in the 6th round. I'm managing in the Blue Square South btw with Dover so i've had no affect on these squads. You can see a big difference between the team against stevenege and newcastle and then a (slight) difference between the players they put out against newcastle as opposed to spurs.

arsenalstevenage.th.jpg

arsenalnewcastle.th.jpg

arsenalspurs.th.jpg

Personally I dont think theres anything wrong with this.

Edit: I also think it's worth noting that if SI made it so that prem teams always put out a weaker team, people would start complaining it's too easy to win it every year and get into europe. That or they would complain that championship teams keep winning the competition and getting into europe every year.

I have found that the game's use of team squads has improved with each new edition of the game. I think it is now based partly on managerial preference which can be changed in the editor. Some managers have a set proclivity for playing weakened teams in lesser cup games and some do not just as they have preferences for signing 'big names' or not etc.

Archived