FM12 Scouting Problem

The day after I assign him to give me a scouting report of the players in France, I get a message in my inbox saying, "Grimandi finishes France assignment"

When I open the message I see, "Gilles Grimandi has now finished his scouting assignment in France. He managed to find 4 players to recommend. Grimandi spent a day on the assignment in total. Grimandi has filed reports on 4 players in total"

Underneath that is a "reports" link, along with "set new assignment" and "restart"

I click on reports and sure enough there's only 4 players.

alright, fair enough, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

He may know all there is to know about the players in France, but I don't.

Completely agree with you. There are other posts on this topic (although couldn't find them just now).

I can't believe some people are defending this. You are employing a scout to give you a list of recommendations. As you have said CGSilva5, you used to send them off for a month and get a report back containing about 100 entries with ratings between 4.5 stars and 2.5 stars. Giving you a good list to work through, review and spot some gems. Now, you get four reports.

To back up what Tomer said. I sent one of my English scouts to Italy and sure enough, he came back a month later with a report containing circa 100 players. Seems daft that in this version, in order to get more than four players on a report, you need to specially employ someone with no knowledge of a territory. Whereas, previously, it has been the opposite way round.

I think you said it best CGSilver5. They may know all there is to know about players in that country, but we don't. So what help is four measly reports?

Well that just it. My example was more in Itlay. I employed an Italian scout for some astronomical weekly wage of about 16 k p/w and he returned in one day with four reports. All four of whom were rubbish. Three star recommendations at best.

Then I send one of my pre-existing English scouts out there and he spend a month an returned with about 100 reports, some of whom were amazing. 4.5 stars etc etc.

I'm getting the impression that the idea here is that the Italian scout already know about these great players. But would he care to tell me about them please? After all, that's what I'm paying 16k p/w for. Go out to Italy, spend a month watching some games, eying up new talent, talking to contacts and then come back and give me a report of c. 100 players. If he already knows about some of them, good for him, he was able to take a couple of days off, sit in a cafe, drink some espresso. But I'd still like them to appear on my report.

This bug is really ruining my Lower League game as I can only buy players based in my country and the only scouts that would come to my club have 100% full knowledge of the country. Do you know any workaround in this case? Have we had any news from SI stating that this would be looked into in a future patch?

I managed to find a workaround, just assign your scout to a Scandinavian (make sure the nation assignment is removed from his list) region search & cancel/reset until he starts the region assignment in Norway, it will take a couple of goes but once done he will return a much larger list of previously unscouted Norwegians's, in my test runs the scout would spend a good number of months in the first country of his region assignment.

Obviously replace Norway with the country you are managing in.

Completely agree with you. There are other posts on this topic (although couldn't find them just now).

I can't believe some people are defending this. You are employing a scout to give you a list of recommendations. As you have said CGSilva5, you used to send them off for a month and get a report back containing about 100 entries with ratings between 4.5 stars and 2.5 stars. Giving you a good list to work through, review and spot some gems. Now, you get four reports.

To back up what Tomer said. I sent one of my English scouts to Italy and sure enough, he came back a month later with a report containing circa 100 players. Seems daft that in this version, in order to get more than four players on a report, you need to specially employ someone with no knowledge of a territory. Whereas, previously, it has been the opposite way round.

I think you said it best CGSilver5. They may know all there is to know about players in that country, but we don't. So what help is four measly reports?

I wouldn't mind so much if you could define your own roaming assignments. As far as I know the way it normally works is that a club has a scout stationed in a particular area semi-permanently, often of the same nationality - so a French scout in France or a Brazilian in Brazil. That scout then periodically reports back to the club on good players.

Unfortunately the way it works now is I can either assign the Brazilian scout to Brazil and have him report back in one day, or I can assign him to the whole of South America and have him report back from countries that I don't want him scouting. It's ludicrous and unrealistic.

That is great advice Barside. Many Thanks:thup:! Although it would be nice from SI that in future patches all this hassles are sorted out.

Yeah, thanks Barside. Crazy that you have to do this just to get an adequate report but at least its a work around. Hopefully something will be sorted in 12.1.

Archived