The Damned Career Thread

Liverbird93

Game: FM12

Version: 12.0

I've got for a journeyman approach on this thread. I'll be going everywhere I can. I loaded 81 leagues at the start. If it gets too slow I may take some of them out.

I have loaded a large database plus all the players from Jamaica this makes them playable and I hope to manage the Jamaican national team at some point.

Here are the leagues loaded:

screenshot20111027at212.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CAREER SUMMARY

[spoiler]
[font=courier new]Season                   Team                           League                                  Position    
2011/12                  Chavdar Etropole               Bulgarian West B Group                  3rd   
2012/13                  Chavdar Etropole               Bulgarian West B Group                  6th
2013                     Salgocar                       Indian National Football League         10th
2014                     Sarawak                        Malaysian Premier League                7th
2014/15                  Bury                           English League 2                        15th
[/font][font=courier new]2015/16                  Bury                           English League 2                        17th
2016/17                  Glenavon                       Northern Irish Premier                  4th
[/font][/spoiler]

Well the media prediction was to finish 3rd which I thought after looking at the squad was optimistic. I brought in a few players and after a 7 games we are 3rd. The team seem to have gelled well. I got a transfer budget of 135k so they aren't on the poor side of the division. I think there is a lot of promise in this club.

Good luck with Chavdar (Etropole) :thup:

Also I hope you achieve your dream of managing Jamaica in the future :D

Thanks that's definitely one of the main goals of the save. I would also like to manage in the MLS at some point but preferably after the game is full of regens.

2011-2012 Mid Season Update.

So I reached the winter break and the season has been going quite well. We managed to get to the third round of the Bulgarian Cup knocking out an A group team on the way there. We also sit second in the league which is promising. Hopefully a strong second half will see us get promoted.

screenshot20111029at002.png

The star player so far this season for me has been Diego. Here he is:

2011-2012 Season Review

Throughout the season we were challenging the top two spots. Going into the last 3 games we were second but a loss, draw and win wasn't enough to see us into the playoffs so back to the drawing board for another season. Diego being out didn't help but it didn't affect us as badly as I thought it might. We had the best defence in the league now we just have to strengthen in the summer to make sure we have the best strikeforce as well. :)

screenshot20111030at170.png

screenshot20111030at171.png

Here is my squad at the end of the season. Squad

2012-2013 Mid-Season Review

A poor start to the season left me rather annoyed. We were playing well but not winning as many as we should have. After 9 games we were 10 points off top. But a mid season rally has seen us enter the winter break only 4 points off top spot with everything to play for in the second half of the season :)

screenshot20111102at000.png

screenshot20111102at000.png

That is mighty close,hope you can maintain the form into the second half of the season and clinch promotion!

yeah last season I was second at this stage more points behind than I am now that i'm sixth. the board wanted promotion this season so i'm feeling a little bit of pressure

It didn't take long for me to find a new job. This time I have jetted off to India.

With Salgaocar

Salgaocarsportsclub.jpg

Club: Salgoaocar

League: Indian National Football League

Founded: 1956

Stadium: Fatorda Stadium

Capacity: 27,300

They are the winners of the 2010-2011 I League so there is definitely a good set up here. I take over with the them in 8th. The table looks like this

screenshot20111102at152.png

Well, that was pretty brief to say the least! How come you quit?

I probably should have given it more of a chance to be honest. But it was awful. The foreigners were ok. But you could only have 3 in a team and the rest of my team was awful. I have never seen a team defend so badly. With no money at all I couldn't strengthen. After I left they failed to win in their next six games so it shows it wasn't just me.

Next stop on my tour is Malaysia.

PersatuanBolasepakSarawak.png

Team Name: Sarawak

Founded: 1974

League: Malaysian Premier League

Stadium: Sarawak Stadium

Capacity: 40,000

I want to get this team promoted into the Malaysian Super League to show I'm not a failure of a manager, which has been the case so far. Here it goes.

2014 Season Review- Sarawak-Malaysian Premier League

A diifciuclt season but with many positives to take out from it. The board's target was to get a respectable position in the league by finishing 7th I think I managed that but I could have done much better. 11 draws in 22 games is just too many I think. I think the best part of the season was knocking out a Super League team in the FA Cup. Here is the league and my results.

screenshot20111108at223.png

screenshot20111108at223i.png

screenshot20111108at223.png

I didn't think I'd be up for managing in England which is why I turned down so many BSP and BSN/BSS jobs. But when League 2 Bury came calling I couldn't resist

screenshot20111109at190.png

bury-fc_93682.jpg

Name: Bury

Founded: 1885

Nickname: The Shakers

Stadium: Gigg Lane

Capacity: 11,840

League: English NPower League Two

I take over with Bury sitting 21st in the table despite a media prediction of 9th. I hope to stabilise the club in mid table by the new year and then revaluate then.

If anyone thinks of a better way for me to update on my career please just say. I'm open to suggestions :)

2014-2015 Mid Season Review-Bury-League 2

As you can see from my earlier post my target for January 1st was to cement Bury in the mid table away from relegation. As I took over while they were in 21st I couldn't go immediately for promotion. I seem to have steadied the ship and we enter the new year in 15th with a game in hand. I now hope to push on and maybe sneak a playoff place if we have a good second half of the season.

screenshot20111110at204.png

I took over just before the Yeovil game

screenshot20111110at204.png

As you can see we've taken 18 points from 11 games in the league while I've been in charge. While that's not setting the world alight I think it's a good starting basis.

2014-2015 Season Review-Bury-League 2

​I had high hopes for the second half of the season but they never really materialised. We eneded up in mid table mediocrity and knew our fate a long way before the end of the season.

Table

Results

As you can see we had a couple of bad pieces of form. This is down to me having a wafer thin squad full on under 21 year olds. I would like to strengthen but because of the Finances I can't. This is a bit of a challenge but I hope I'm up to it. Next season I would like to at least get top half. Just signed a one year extension onto my contract so I'm not leaving yet.

Thanks for all the comments so far guys.

Pre-Season 2015-2016-Bury-League 2

We're still broke but the good news is that we managed to strengthen slightly over the summer. Here are the transfers

ScreenShot2011-11-15at192337.png

This is now the squad overall. A lot of these players have 4 or 5* potential so hopefully in the future they will come good. This season might be a waiting game in that respect.

ScreenShot2011-11-15at190524.png

Tactics:

ScreenShot2011-11-15at192014.png

Not a bad set of results in the friendlies I thought. Looking forward to the season now:

ScreenShot2011-11-15at190129.png

Halfway through the season, but still alot of football to be played. You have conceded only 1 goal in 3 games, thats a good sign, and you are just 12 points from a playoff spot. It might be difficult, but it isnt impossible!

That is true. My problem is a wafer thin squad. In theory if I don't get any injuries you never know. Thanks for the optimism :)

2015-2016 Season Review-Bury

A good second half of the season saw us finish in mid table. We started the second half of the season well with our first defeat coming in February and then the next one in March. But playoffs never looked likely. I will be leaving Bury in search of a new challenge. I will update when I have a new job.

ScreenShot2011-11-22at201828.png

ScreenShot2011-11-22at201209.png

2016-2017 Mid-Season Review Glenavon

In this career so far. Despite my trying I haven't won anything and haven't come close to winning anything. So this mid season review is a bit different.

We still have a chance of winning all 4 domestic trophies. The season has gone magically so far. We sit 2 points off top in the league and are still in all the cups.

ScreenShot2011-11-24at231400.png

ScreenShot2011-11-24at231519.png

Here are the results in the cups

ScreenShot2011-11-24at231536.png

As you can see in the league especially. We haven't had a problem scoring goals. This is the reason why:

ScreenShot2011-11-24at231613.png

I know this season could end up being very disappointing. But I also have the optimism that we could end up winning 4 trophies. Let's see how it goes.

2016-2017 Season Review-Glenavon

At the half way point in the season we were still in the hunt for 4 competitions. We lost our star striker Pat Duffy at the end of January to Dundalk for 425k. Unfortunately I didn't get a choice in this matter. Without him we had no chance in the league and failed miserably ending up 4th. But a Europa league place isn't too bad and if I can find a striker we will challenge again next year.

ScreenShot2011-12-04at180617.png

ScreenShot2011-12-04at180659.png

There were still 3 cups we could win. We lost early in the Irish cup but reached the final of the League Cup and the Mid Ulster Cup.

Our first trophy was in the Mid-Ulster Cup.

ScreenShot2011-12-04at180729.png

Unfortunately though, that was the only cup we won with the league cup final ending in defeat.

ScreenShot2011-12-04at180757.png

Next season I'm hoping to have fun in Europe and qualify for Europe again next year.

Archived