Focus passing Left or Right side of pitch

Does this actually work or is it my players not following my instructions. In my last game the opposite team conceded most assists down the right side of the pitch so I set team passing to focus passing right side, but looking at the highlights it seemed equal or even a little more down the left side. Does this actually work I assume when you pass to right side this is DR MR side of the pitch

Does this actually work or is it my players not following my instructions. In my last game the opposite team conceded most assists down the right side of the pitch so I set team passing to focus passing right side, but looking at the highlights it seemed equal or even a little more down the left side. Does this actually work I assume when you pass to right side this is DR MR side of the pitch

What team are you?

If you're a lower league team, the players decision making may not be that great either and ignore what you say.

it makes the players more likely to do so... but as has been said.. it can be less responsive with each group of players... once your team get to grips with you and with the tactic they will more likely play as you wish... this goes for corner routines etc aswell ive noticed

What team are you?

If you're a lower league team, the players decision making may not be that great either and ignore what you say.

Im with Plymouth in Leage 2 so I am a lower leage team, however I woud have thought that if they had low decision making they would do more exaclty what I said as they cant make decisions themselves, therefore imo your post should be the other way round ie, if your a higher league team with better players they would be more likely to ignore you as they have higher decision making skills

Im with Plymouth in Leage 2 so I am a lower leage team, however I woud have thought that if they had low decision making they would do more exaclty what I said as they cant make decisions themselves, therefore imo your post should be the other way round ie, if your a higher league team with better players they would be more likely to ignore you as they have higher decision making skills

Not really, if you take a defender like Rio Ferdinand and compare them to a defender in he lower league (i'm going to extremes) Rio is going to have better composure and passing ability etc so with some space he'll look for that pass.

A lower league defender won't have those sort of stats and would be more happy to get it into row Z or anywhere if it's away from the goal.

If you have a designated playmaker the game will still pass through him, and of course if a player sees a teammate open in the left side he will pass him the ball.

if this is the same as FM11

i set my playmaker to Ganso (as you do) yet all my play was directed down the wings (both for the record)

Ganso (after having him for about 6 seasons) never got above 15 assists and 5 goals per season

of course, he used to get loads of pre-assists (Ganso, winger, striker, goal)

Not really, if you take a defender like Rio Ferdinand and compare them to a defender in he lower league (i'm going to extremes) Rio is going to have better composure and passing ability etc so with some space he'll look for that pass.

A lower league defender won't have those sort of stats and would be more happy to get it into row Z or anywhere if it's away from the goal.

I see where you are coming from but surely a player no matter what his calibre should listen to the manager and in team instructions I told them to pass to right side of the pitch, therefore Rio Ferdinand should do that and so should also the third division lower league player.

As another poster has stated it may be because I still have had a designated playmaker in the middle who plays mcl. Im going to try switching this role off in the team instructions next time I want to pass to a side of the pitch and see what happens.

Yes, turning off the playmaker role will help.

There is that saying "once they cross that white line, there is no controlling them", players do what they want in the end. It's just the mentality/ability that they have that will help determine as to how much they are going to carry out your instructions.

I gave up having my team instruction of playing short passes in lower leagues, as most of the time it gets punted upfield anyway.

Ah, no. You need to take away their creative freedom to make them slavishly follow your decisions. Try that (team and individual)

Archived