2-1 down. they have 10 players. no highlights

I was making tactical switches. Arsenal were playing 4-5-1 at the start but it ended up as 3-5-1 so obviously I moved my wingers in the 442 formation to LW and RW positions and then I ordered my team to clear the ball to flanks and play wider. This was to help exploit the fact they had no full backs. I can understand that we were no entitled to score because they only had 10 men. But for us not even to put up a fight even with a crazy shot is stupid in my opionion. And my assistent manager thought I should praise them on a spirited defeat.

I was making tactical switches. Arsenal were playing 4-5-1 at the start but it ended up as 3-5-1 so obviously I moved my wingers in the 442 formation to LW and RW positions and then I ordered my team to clear the ball to flanks and play wider. This was to help exploit the fact they had no full backs. I can understand that we were no entitled to score because they only had 10 men. But for us not even to put up a fight even with a crazy shot is stupid in my opionion. And my assistent manager thought I should praise them on a spirited defeat.

I don't understand how if you didn't see any highlights for 35 minutes... how did you know what to change? what was going wrong? why weren't you scoring? were you creating chances? Obviously not if there were no highlights so whatever you changed didn't work...

I agree with the OP in the sense that often the last part of games is just skimmed through without any real "Ooomph" to it. IRL, you would expect much more drama.

Let's face it, "shouts" do not really change the game, do they?

It depends on why you're using the shout. I don't use them myself (classic) but they're intended to be used at particular times to do particular things.

pfmm posted this in the feedback thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276659-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7140980&viewfull=1#post7140980

Archived