The best way to handle tired players?

This is in FM11 by the way.

For the 1st time in many seasons I have a few players who've come back from the end of season break tired. I was wondering what you guys do in the pre-season to get them up to 100% fitness again.

I had a bit of a torrid season last time by with many injuries, plus I was in both cups until quite late on so my small squad took quite a hammering.

I remember you used to have the option to allow them to go on extended leave for a couple of weeks but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Cheers.

I never give them time off! When they report for pre-season all players go on an intense fitness training programme and I play a game every three days or so for 1 month. Seems to work as in August many have 100% in superb condition. When that has been reached they go on to their own programme which is no longer concerned with fitness.

shoot them :D and bring new ones :D

he he

ok in serious note, i reduce their training load to minimum in special schedule to rest players per position, i have every schedual in 3 modes for each position, hard, normal and light

give them a rest don't play them for a game that will help too

That seems to make sense shwan. I'll give it a go. The trouble with resting them and not giving them games will mean that they're unlikely to be match fit before the first game of the season but I guess there's no other way.

Incidentally, did the option to allow leave disappear in FM11/12 ?

i normally schedule a pre-season comp with the amateur teams form my local area (to boost morale and match fitness) - normally early July

after they've finished (3 games in 3 days is a lot) then they all get a week/3 days off training

then they go into regular fixtures (decent teams, feeder teams, whatever) about once every 5 days (as they would do later in the season) before having a morale-booster against some team in early august (a good 15+ to 0 win is invaluable) and then another few days off training to re-catch their breath before the long season

Archived