Can scouts develop (JCA/JPA) ?

I did tests on this 2 or 3 years ago. All I could determine is that scouts and other backroom staff peak around age 55, after that their CA begins to decline. Unfortunately, regarding the criteria for increasing CA, it appeared totally random! I got the impression that SI hadn't put any thought into it. i doubt that has changed although I'd love to be proved wrong!

thanks for the responses, just so i know whether hiring younger scouts may be good in the long run

Can definitely be worth it, when hiring for a lower club that has aspirations up the ladder I will target young guys with good determination and adaptability, with average JA/JP, by the time I make it to the top I league I generally have a bunch of the best scouts in the league. Of course the only disadvantage is that their core knowledge will always be of the nation you are in as it is difficult to get young foreign scouts into the club...

Can definitely be worth it, when hiring for a lower club that has aspirations up the ladder I will target young guys with good determination and adaptability, with average JA/JP, by the time I make it to the top I league I generally have a bunch of the best scouts in the league. Of course the only disadvantage is that their core knowledge will always be of the nation you are in as it is difficult to get young foreign scouts into the club...

thanks, exactly the answer i was looking for, by average (say NPL1 standards) what would you ideally be looking for in a 30-35 y/o scout ? Something around 12 for CA/PA with 14 for adaptability and determination?

off-topic judging from your name, could you recommend me a good challenging (NPower League 1 or foreign equivalent) team to start with on this years addition? a team with good depth, fairly youthful squad, a nice - but not large - amount of money to develop the squad and good facilities ? thanks if you could :)

Archived