A newbie with an amazingly basic question!

Hello one and all!

Please forgive me if the question is answered somewhere but I´ve had a quick look around and i can´t find it anywhere. :o

I´m a first time buyer (or I will be come the 21st October!) English, but living in Spain, and I´m planning on buying it on download. Will this download be the UK version or will it be spotted that I´m in Spain and be given a Spanish version in any way? It would be the "UK" version that I´d be wanting.

That maybe a ridiculously stupid question, but there you go, I´ve asked!:lol:

Thanks

SH

Shouldn't you be able to switch the language in the Preferences?

FM2011 supports - Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Been a while since I installed the game - but with a lot of software installs there are options to choose a Language upon installation - isn't it the same with FM?

Thanks for the replies, I´m sure that there will be an option for it somewhere! I was just wondering if anyone, particularly an "overseas" user could reassure me before I start clicking buttons and ordering stuff!

Demo will be out soon :D Perhaps that could allay your fears?

It will default to Spanish when you install it. It's "clever" like that.

I also live overseas (Sweden) and get the Swedish language version set as default. You need to go to preferences and change the language in the game (and the way weight, height, currency etc is shown).

It's not too hard if you speak a bit of the language.

If you don't speak Spanish - it's actually still not too hard to fix. Don't worry.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I was going to try the demo for language reasons amongst others.

I was originally going to download it from the SEGA site but I guess as Steam is needed to activate it, I might aswell buy it from there too?

Moving around in the language wasn´t going to be a problem really, I´m sure I´ll be able to change things around, I was just curious what i was going to get out of the virtual box as it were!

I guess I´ll just have to twiddle my fingers and ponder who I´m going to be until we all get something to get out teeth into!

SH

It will default to Spanish when you install it. It's "clever" like that.

I also live overseas (Sweden) and get the Swedish language version set as default. You need to go to preferences and change the language in the game (and the way weight, height, currency etc is shown).

It's not too hard if you speak a bit of the language.

If you don't speak Spanish - it's actually still not too hard to fix. Don't worry.

Do you have Swedish set as the language on the operating system, use a boxed version from Sweden or have Steam set to Swedish?

I know there's a norwegian language version, but when I'm there with the inlaws and install onto my netbook it's still in English.

First, your question isnt basic.. its actually a good question :)

Second, many people on these forums should be as rational as you :) -

I was originally going to download it from the SEGA site but I guess as Steam is needed to activate it, I might aswell buy it from there too?

oh and welcome to the forums ;)

Do you have Swedish set as the language on the operating system, use a boxed version from Sweden or have Steam set to Swedish?

I know there's a norwegian language version, but when I'm there with the inlaws and install onto my netbook it's still in English.

Well my Steam is in English but on re-installing the game the default settings are Norwegian and Norwegian Crowns instead of GBP (both of which makes my skin crawl).

Thank you for the welcome!

I´ve read enough of the Steam threads to understand both points of view, I´m happy to admit I´m totally new to the whole thing but if I enjoy the demo and it works ok I´m going to have to go for it. I don´t think it´ll matter ultimately where I get it from, Steam will be required and then turned "offline" until patches or updates are needed. It does not seem so hard!

Archived