Help with MLS please

If you don't register your players before the season starts they will get exposed to waivers (and they will be waived if you don't register them during the season as well). And they have to be within the roster limits that you can clearly find in the squad registration screen, which state the maximum number of foreigners and domestic players you're allowed. You just can't sign anyone because of this and have to make sure the players you sign fit within the squad registration criteria or else you're going to have waive one of your foreigners.

Before you sign a foreigner make sure you have a roster spot for him. Or trade a foreigner to another MLS team, waive that player, or acquire an extra International slot from another team.

(I hope you get all that. It can be confusing for someone who doesn't understand the rules :D)

How does the AI fare in term of managing MLS rosters? Do they make unrealistic waiver decisions? Your advice "not to holiday" makes me suspicious ;)

MLS teams have a bad habit of signing players and waiving (releasing) them immediately in FM11. Hope this is fixed in FM12, as well as not signing a gazillion foreigners and releasing most of them to get under the roster restrictions.

MLS teams have a bad habit of signing players and waiving (releasing) them immediately in FM11. Hope this is fixed in FM12, as well as not signing a gazillion foreigners and releasing most of them to get under the roster restrictions.

From the blog, it seems a lot of work went into the MLS for FM12, so im optimistic. didnt they give it its own team for this release or something?

From the blog, it seems a lot of work went into the MLS for FM12, so im optimistic. didnt they give it its own team for this release or something?

Yeah SI have someone who exclusively helps with the coding of MLS and all their rules. The unfortunate part is that there are no individual club researchers and only one (North American HR) who researches everyone in the league. So we'll see how the players are like in FM12. As I've been saying since I joined the forums I really hope we can see how the MLS is like in the demo so more people here have the opportunity to see how the league is improved and maybe SI can get more people to purchase FM from Canada/US.

Yeah SI have someone who exclusively helps with the coding of MLS and all their rules. The unfortunate part is that there are no individual club researchers and only one (North American HR) who researches everyone in the league. So we'll see how the players are like in FM12. As I've been saying since I joined the forums I really hope we can see how the MLS is like in the demo so more people here have the opportunity to see how the league is improved and maybe SI can get more people to purchase FM from Canada/US.

Yeah it'd be great to see it get more exposure, a league i've always wanted to play but it just hasnt been done justice so far. Fingers crossed its in the demo

Archived