Two Queries..

Alekos

Here is a query that I had for a long time and I would like your opinion on that..

Since in every FM game I usually manage at the lower leagues of english football and trying to move up levels with low reputation teams I don't ever remember to had the chance to get a young wonderkid or at least a young guy with some adequate talent come from my young team..You know regen..Never!Of course you might say that I have to improve training facilities build academies etc. but why not to be possible to get, even rarely a young diamond at that low level??I think it happens in real life life..

Also another one..

In real life some players that play lets say at League Two I think they can easily stand at higher level for example League One or even Championship..A real life example is Leon Britton from Swansea that was playing there since they were at League Two and now at Premier League..

In FM even if I want to keep my top league scorer at Conference to League Two he will score not even the 1/3 of goals he scores at the Conference so I always bring in new players every level I move up..

What I am trying to say is that it would be fair when you move up the leagues, there shoud be an attribute increase in some players so they can stand there..

I would love to have your opinions on the above subjects..

1.) Youth does require a certin level of facilities and recruitment (not sure of the exact level), because some small clubs do produce some gems even if rare.

2.) Whilst I sympathise with wanting to keep players when you move up a league, but like real-life some players will be able to cut it some wont, you should always give them a chance never know they may cut it in the higher league. If the player is round the age of 23 his attributes may improve depending on his PA in a higher league due to the better standard of football.

If they introduced a system where if promoted to a higher league players would improve, then it would only be fair that when teams get relegated their attribute drop. So I don't think this will ever be implemented.

Sadly I've never had a wonderkid in all the many many years I've managed in the lower leagues, and to be honest, I don't expect one any time soon. 99% of players generated in the game that turn out to be superstars will have come from top flight youth academies and while I'm sure in real life you'll get the odd player playing for Wealdstone or somewhere that ends up in the Premier League I'm not sure there's enough precedent in real life to warrant SI implementing it into the game.

Having said that, I would LOVE SI to implement it into the game :D

Your second point isn't really something I'd like. It's true that some players are able to make the step up but I think that's something really tough for SI to put in the game.

I think there was something on Soccer AM ages ago about Ashley Cole and Ledly King? coming from the same youth academy along with alot of other top English talent, it was quite a unheard of team but their renowned for bringing through top English players. Dunno if any of you remember watching that same episode and can shed some light on the matter?

I do think lower clubs should have better quality youth and at the same time these youth players should be snapped up (chairman accepting bids) when they reach the ability of a higher division.

Archived