anyone know how to reduce stats dying as a player gets older

leovii

Hi I dont post often on here but was wondering if anyone got any hints on how to stop older players becoming ineffective as they get older.

I understand more explosive players that rely on pace will become more ineffective at a younger age than more technical thinking players would but was hoping some people had some ideas on making certain players play at a higher level as long as possible. The only good example i can think of on any of my games is when daniel van buyten on fm2010 got better with age as his pace got worse but his mental attributes got better i played him in the bundesliga until he was 40. I just get fed up of some players within a season go from being an important first team player to your backroom staff saying u should offload them. Is there anyway through training or styles of play you can stop them declining so quickly in a short space of time.

It's pretty much inevitable that an older player's physical stats will wane. What I've done in the past is actually lower physical training (Trust me on this :D) and increase tactical training (e.g. lessen strength + aerobics training and increase technical training (e.g. tactics, passing, crossing etc). This will keep your mental and technical stats up at least and then you can always use your old player as a super sub and have him make an impact late on.

I guess it depends what level your team is at. If you've got a great player at a lower level his lack speed and strength are unlikely to matter as much, but if you're in the premier league I'd bring him on later in the game.

Archived