Original referee in 2037.. born in 1999. With picture!? :D

Koki

I'm in 2037 and I received a message about the referee of the year.. okay, so I check his profile and he has a picture.. shouldn't all the original referees have retired by now? Hmm... no! He was born in 1999. His name is Thomas Zimmermann. Is this some kind of fun from SI? :lol::applause:

Probably just coincidence. On my last computer (sadly dead) I had an on-again, off-again save where I holidayed 25 years into the future before starting and saw quite numerous regens with real life names. I gave every single one of them the Zombie (e.g. Zombie Gary Lineker) nickname just for the laughs.

Also I don't think the game comes packed with any referee's pic in it (even from leagues where SI have image rights), so the picture thing may be to do with having a face pack installed.

But, if the referee has a picture, that does mean that it's not a regen, but a real referee that has a picture from a facepack (myself have in my save most of the real referees with pictures).

So, it's, at least, a 38 year old career for that referee.

Perhaps they dont retire!

• 2 weeks later...
I'd assume that they recycle the unique IDs for the referees, as such if you had a facepack with a picture for one of them it would have their picture.

This is correct. Whenever one referee retires, their ID is simply given to a new regen ref, hence the carry on of the faces :D

Archived