Debt Help !!

If you have a reserve team, play them against a bunch of Spanish B teams throughout the season. Friendlies against the likes of Barcelona B and Castilla will generally pay very well. And these B sides will always accept your friendly proposals without incentives.

Hey guys, any more suggestions to help against debt! Im in the scond season with Newcastle and the bank balance says -£16.5m ... im perfectly inside my wage and transfer budget so its a little confusing. Im going to try friendlies in spain for the reserves like you suggested for the post starter but need more ideas please. I can't release unnescarcery (sp!) players but this requires ridiculous release fees e.g. to release Damian Duff it would cost me £8,750,000 ! Anyway, all help much apprechiated.

hmm, don't know why they tejected your friendlies, try offering small incentives

how well are you doing with newcastle, best way to clear debt is either to win trophies or to get close to winning trophies, so don't pull a reading and say "the FA is unimportant" as it can generate a lot of money so try and succeed in that, and the league cup although this isn't quite as effective, obviously do your best in the league and if you get european football (esp. c. league) then you shouldn't be in debt for too long

Im doing great at the club. First season i came 5th in the league (one point off 4th) i reached the final of the league cup but chelsea (the home team at wembley :p) beat me after extra time and i reached the semi final of the FA cup where Man Utd knocked me out. Second season and im in april and currently 4th, I reached the semi final of the league cup and FA cup, i won my uefa cup group then beat standard 8 - 2 agg. only to go out to chelsea (my bogey team) on away goals in the next round. im doing so well they just offered me a new contract .... im thinking that the finances will be fine come the end of the season due to tv money etc. but i'd like to do something towards helping now as the richer i am the better, for next years budget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dong21:

update - all the spanish B teams rejected my reserves friendly proposels ! what do i do ... somebody help me ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, that's weird. Maybe they reject because your reputation (Irish league) is too low. When my team featured in the English League Two, I had no problem arranging these matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dong21:

update - all the spanish B teams rejected my reserves friendly proposels ! what do i do ... somebody help me ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, that's weird. Maybe they reject because your reputation (Irish league) is too low. When my team featured in the English League Two, I had no problem arranging these matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dong21 is playinbg as newcastle, and he was the one who said he had trouble with arranging friendlies

it's kevinM182 who's in irish league

and i don't think rep has anything to do with it because i had my redditch reserve team playing these clubs in frienlies in a past game, while i was in BSN

There are really only one other way to clear large debt: selling players.

I got PSV from 6 million in debt to 20 million in the black by selling two players: my backup who I sold to Koln for $10 million (and he was only worth $3mil!!!) and my midfielder to Valencia for $34 million (valued at $9 million). I also had payments over 24 months, which with all the 24 monthly payments I currently have, really help in getting a profit every month.

And I had to pay 30k for every Barcelona B friendly.

A way i could raise money would be to sell all my unessacery sqaud players (such as given, cacapa, geremi, duff, klasnic, shevchenko, viduka and hill) but i always seem to struggle to get rid of these type of people. Does anybody have a sure fire method for getting rid of average players nobody wants ?? (releasing them is not an option due to large compensation)

Thanks for the help guys, please help me more! icon_smile.gif

rancer890 - how did you sell players for more than their value then ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, that was easy. They came to me. icon_biggrin.gif

I just set the asking price at $12 million and $36 million at the start of the season. The players were Cassio and Aissati. I played Cassio in one game early in the season, and then Koln came with a transfer of $7.5 million. I asked Koln for $7 million up front and $3 million over 24 months + 40% sell-on clause, and they quickly accepted. Aissati was part of my first team and I really had no intention of selling him. But Valencia just came with a $28 million offer. I countered that with $20 million up front and $16 million over 24 months, and they accepted.

Always ask for 24 months payments and a 40% or 50% sell-on clause, most teams would accept it, and I personally think it's better than 6, 12, or 18 months. icon_smile.gif

Thanls for the response, i'll try a similar strategy but i am not sure it will work with older and less talented players like given, duff, geremi, etc. who i need offloading.

if your selling players who're past their best then maybe try asking for a bit more money rather than a % of next sale

depends on how his starts are looking but if his next move is going to be less than £1 mill then it's not really worth waiting 5 years for it when you could just have an extra million now

Set their value to their current value and hope for the best. I'm not very good at selling older players. Maybe resign them to the end of the current season and offer to clubs? You will get below their value but at least you get some money. I always sell players near the end or before their prime.

A way i could raise money would be to sell all my unessacery sqaud players (such as given, cacapa, geremi, duff, klasnic, shevchenko, viduka and hill) but i always seem to struggle to get rid of these type of people. Does anybody have a sure fire method for getting rid of average players nobody wants ?? (releasing them is not an option due to large compensation)

Thanks for the help guys, please help me more! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Offer to clubs

*Transfer Statue: Transfer Listed and

*Squad Statue: Not Needed by the club.

*Asking Price: 0

If you want to get rid of these players but as you see you won't get any money for selling them except save your wage bill. I have the same problem and am Newcastle UTD manager. Can't get rid of players for money and for love except sell them for 0 money.

Anyways, the best way to deal with Debt is first of all not GETTING INTO DEBT. You need to find out all about your finances by going to through the club's finances.

Reasons for going Debt:

*Releasing players

*Exceeding your wage budget

* Buying players vai Monthly payments, future fee payments (Club and International appearance fees, goal fees etc)

Thats what I have in mind... so you need to be controlling all that and specially if you are in lower division where money is very tight.

Thanks for all the advice The Chosen One, I will do this with my unwanted players as like you say it is better than having them on my wage bill !

Archived