Why?

I'm managing Blyth Spartans. I made it to the Championship. In order to stay up I decided to sign on free players who are "Past their prime", for their talents and experience because I have a very young team. Barry was available, he was interested, I offered him a contract giving him max wages, 11k. A week later he signed with Plymouth, they're in League one and is on a 3k a week contract. Why?

But would Plymouth be seen as a bigger city? I remember seeing bits saying player x was happy to move to a bigger city or words to that effect.

Your right tho it prob is a reputation thing, a quick rise through the leagues sometimes messes these things up a bit.

Well no, I don't think so. Both places aren't exactly desirable with footballers. I'm sure I've seen a few articles or at least one about Plymouth where Paul Sturrock, the then Plymouth manager was saying that alot of players wives or players don't want to move because of the location and that's why they would often sign young loan players. I'm sure I've seen something about the North-East of England where the shopping isn't great there either. I'm not saying that FM would have that programmed into the game. Infact, if it is then it would be great.

I'm fairly certain that it's a reputation thing. Juventus, how long did it take you to get to the Championship?

Not long, I won the Blue square N in my first year, won the B.S.P the following year, Same with league two, got a promotion because to Championship because I made it to second place. Currently, I'm avoiding relegation in Championship.

Reputation doesn't rise quickly enough in this game. This is why this stuff happens i imagine.

I'm not angry. I'm just curious as to why he chose a team in league one over a team in Championship. I could have used his talents and leadership because I have a very young team. Average age is 21.

I'm not angry. I'm just curious as to why he chose a team in league one over a team in Championship. I could have used his talents and leadership because I have a very young team. Average age is 21.

I find it odd personally. Lower league, lower wage. Doesn't make sense to me.

same length of contract and bonuses?

Even with the rep thing it does seem a bit odd.

I gave him 3 years and Plymouth gave him 2 years. I offered him:

Wage: 11k a week

App fee: 500$ a week

Goal bonus: 500$ week

Team bonus: 28k a year

Plymouth:

Wage: 3.4k a week

App fee: 350 a week

Goal: 85$ a week

Team bonus: 16k

Archived