Being on holiday in Wales drove me to start playing FHMi again, but this time i ran the PL, Spain, Italy and Australian leagues. Just for a complete change, I managed a team in the Australian league. There was no introduction to the league, no guide to what the format was, cup competitions, etc. In other words, no flavour whatsoever. The bizarre end of season Finals playoffs surely needs some kind of explanation. Anyway, after three seasons, I'd built a squad that was never going to be challenged by the native teams again, won the league, the playoff and the Asian Champions League. Ran Inter very close in the game against the European champions. So, time to move on and start applying for new jobs. But I couldn't get any. So I quit from the team, rather than play matches when i didn't want to, and put the game on Go on Holiday and Apply for All jobs mode. Not only could I not get any job in England, Spain or Italy - presumably because those leagues have a much high reputation than Australia, none of the Australian teams would hire me either, which is plainly ridiculous. I mean, I'd just crushed their entire league, doing the triple, every single Aussie team should be biting my hand off offering a job. After a year I gave up.

Which leads me to this suggestion. You really need to put something into the game that if you haven't been offered a job in 6 months, you get offered one in order to keep your game/career going. There are plenty of clubs in the top tier that go for a cheap manager option when they are struggling financially. You really need to be offered something rather than have to delete the save game.

FMH has always been a bit tight with the job offers and disappointing for unsolicited job offers (job that you didn't apply for) compared to the PC game, where you get job offers left, right and centre once you have a bit of success. Athletics Bilbao have twice offered my Championship level managing virtual self the manager's job. Would never happen in the FMH especially with the nationality bias that FMHvibe has noted.

I agree with the OP, it would be nice if Marc, could find a way to improve this aspect.

I would also like to see some 'postpone for a week' or negotiation screens, because when you hit the respond job offer button it is final, no backing out of it.

I wrote it based on my experience - might have misinterpreted a point or two. But I'm very concerned with the reputation-nationality link in the game. It doesn't matter where you earn you reputation - it seems to be always linked to your nationality. In my last game in Australia (as a Brazilian manager), I've won the league several times in a row but my reputation didn't surpass 'regional'. Which means that whenever I try to apply for another job, I probably will face the same situation as Jugster.

Plus there are several reports from the community on how tough is to get a International Management job on the iOS. I've been through this situation in a career where I won the Spanish league 12 times in a row, and never ever managed to land the Spanish job. It always went to Guardiola or Casillas, independently if they were sucking at their careers.

My nationality was English but none of the English teams would offer me a job. I've also played over 30 seasons with various clubs and never been offered a job by anyone, despite winning everything. I've been appointed national manager of the home countries, after applying for them.

I think if you win the Spanish league 12 times on the trot and don't get offered the national job you have every right to feel peeved.

I spent many seasons managing in the Hyundai A-League with the Wellington Pheonix. I was very very successful and whilst in the Wellington job, I started getting job offers from teams battling relegation from the Prem. In the end, I took over at Sunderland who were 1 point from the relegation zone and took them to a top ten finish and winners of the FA Cup.

Archived