Why make it public

(Player interaction) I understand when a player is playing really well you praise him publicly but sometimes there should be an option where I can keep the thing between me and the player. I have a 16 years old english keeper in my Bristol City team and I wanted to say that he has the potential to be a star. But when I read the media it says that after an interview blah blah "the chosen one" thinks "player" has the potential to be a star.

I think (most of the time) it is stupid to go around the media and say your 15 or 16 years old player has the potential to be star specially when he is not well known.

Just like the transfers (when you are the selling team) we should have an option to either make it public or private.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

In the old cm games, cm 3 and 2000/01 anyway, you had the option of making a transfer private.

You still do, but only if it's a player you are selling. It isn't an option with a player you are buying because the selling team may want to make the transfer public to generate interest and bump up the fee.

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

The media is crap on the game. It just asks you the same questions very time! Really gets annoying!

I suppose they are limited in what they can ask, but I think there is a call for more variety and less often. If they introduce new interaction but continue with it occuring every game it won't take long for the new stuff to get boring and irritating as well.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Indeed - it's been well-discussed that there needs to be manager-player interaction that isn't through the media. I'm sure SI have taken this on board and I would expect to see no change at all in FM09.

Fixt icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by VonBlade:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Indeed - it's been well-discussed that there needs to be manager-player interaction that isn't through the media. I'm sure SI have taken this on board and I would expect to see no change at all in FM09.

Fixt icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice work VonBlade. Couldn't have corrected it better myself. Has been awful and boring for years now, I'll be amazed if it's improved.

It's like the in game sound; I totally ignore it. If I could turn it off like the sound I would. If it was varied and interesting (and interpreted my response correctly instead of saying something completely different) then I might partake of it. For now I can't hit continue enough.

If I get asked by a member of the media again how I feel about the return of a guy I had on trial for 1 day I am going to take that mic and shove it down his throat (well in my head I am). Can we have this added as a response?

As I've said regularly on here the ability to interact privately with your players is necessary in FM2009. The current situation of only doing it through the media is ridiculous and highly unrealistic. I'd be disappointed if SI didn't implement any changes.

Archived