A question about my targetman and his movement

I player 4-4-2 with a targetman and a poacher up front, i have my targetman on wideplay "normal" as i want my wingers to work both of the flanks but he often drifts over to the flank. Is it because of the tight marking i have him on?

I player 4-4-2 with a targetman and a poacher up front, i have my targetman on wideplay "normal" as i want my wingers to work both of the flanks but he often drifts over to the flank. Is it because of the tight marking i have him on?

Does he have roaming ticked? If so untick it

I have this issue with a targetman. I think with my one (maybe the same for you) its cause he has a high teamwork and work rate stat. It means he ends up chasing down the ball and closing down opposing players to often, sometimes to the detriment of his game.

I have this issue with a targetman. I think with my one (maybe the same for you) its cause he has a high teamwork and work rate stat. It means he ends up chasing down the ball and closing down opposing players to often, sometimes to the detriment of his game.

That might just be it.

he has 15 for teamwork and 16 for work rate

That might just be it.

he has 15 for teamwork and 16 for work rate

A good way of checking is his stats, if he has tackling stats above say 0.75 then its a fair bet he is 'doing a rooney' and chasing down defenders way to much getting dragged out of position. You could try lowering his closing down to almost nothing and seeing if that helps? Personally I just adapted how we play to accomodate my guy.

Archived