FM 11/12 COMPATIBILTY WITH MACBOOK PRO (13" Intel HD 3000 Graphics) 3D MATCH ENGINE.

HI guys,

Same old question i've seen asked a few times now....but nobody seems to be able to give a definitive answer!

Basically I am looking at buying the latest 13" 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Macbook pro...

(Graphics-Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5)

I would however like to play Football Manager 11. Has anybody tried this and know whether it would run smoothly??

I imagine the game would be fine, but my concern is the 3D match engine, and whether this mac would support that.

Anyone who has tried and tested this i would really appreciate your help!

Will it work having spent a ridiculous amount on a chuffin' mac!

Is it also possible to download it for mac? Or would i have to get the CD? and if both..which would be best?

Note: I will of course be wanting FM 12 when it is released. I really hope they wont up the spec again!

Thanks,

GillT

Is it also possible to download it for mac? Or would i have to get the CD? and if both..which would be best?

Steam version is available for Mac if you want download. I'll let someone who's actually tried comment on the graphics card, but I'd be shocked if that didn't work.

It's running like a charm on my new mbpro, though i use 2d pitch (classic modus). Not sure how 3d will run, but the game itself is really fast (and i always play with around 12 leagues from the top 5 euro leagues on large db).

It's running like a charm on my new mbpro, though i use 2d pitch (classic modus). Not sure how 3d will run, but the game itself is really fast (and i always play with around 12 leagues from the top 5 euro leagues on large db).

Cheers, dont suppose you could try running it in 3D....? Good to know it runs well though.

Is your MB Pro the same spec as that of which i posted above?

I have a late 2008 aluminium unibody MacBook with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.

The 3D match engine runs mostly without any problems. It occasionally lags if I'm using FM in windowed mode and the MacBook tends to get pretty warm with the fans running very fast but it works and works well enough for me to play with 3D on and not want to turn it off.

I suspect your new MacBook would run it really nicely without any trouble at all.

Hope that's been helpful

I have the new 2011 13" Macbook Pro as well, the 3D match engine works perfectly very smooth and no lag at all. FM is pretty much the only game I play on it and this was one of my concerns as well before I bought it but you have nothing to worry about. I have just checked my game and it gives a System 3D Rating of 4 / 5.

I play with the CD, just personal preference, but I believe you can also get it through the Mac steam store if you want.

I have the new 2011 13" Macbook Pro as well, the 3D match engine works perfectly very smooth and no lag at all. FM is pretty much the only game I play on it and this was one of my concerns as well before I bought it but you have nothing to worry about. I have just checked my game and it gives a System 3D Rating of 4 / 5.

I play with the CD, just personal preference, but I believe you can also get it through the Mac steam store if you want.

What spec is this mac???

I have just emailed Sega and they agve me this response

Dear Customer,

'Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

Unfortunately the graphics card installed in the MacBook Pro you are willing to purchase does not suffice to run the 3D engine of Football Manager 2011'

So what's the deal??? Very frustrating!

I bought a new Macbook Pro a few months ago. The 3d engine runs perfectly and the game runs very quickly with a 60,000 player database.

Before I got this computer, I played the game on a first-generation 2005 Macbook Pro and the 3d match engine also ran fine.

I bought a new Macbook Pro a few months ago. The 3d engine runs perfectly and the game runs very quickly with a 60,000 player database.

Before I got this computer, I played the game on a first-generation 2005 Macbook Pro and the 3d match engine also ran fine.

WHat is the graphics spec on your mac? I know the 15" have a 'AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.0GHz configuration as well as intel 3000 Hd graphics' so THAT one may work. But im looking at the 13" as posted above.

I have the AMD 6750 on my new one.

On my old one, I had an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600.

Well this is just Intel 3000, im not clued up on what it all means im afraid. (2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Macbook pro...

(Graphics-Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory)

Are yours worse or better then?

Mine wouldnt have any form of 'radeon'

Cheers, dont suppose you could try running it in 3D....? Good to know it runs well though.

Is your MB Pro the same spec as that of which i posted above?

I'll give it a try for next match :-).

I've put it on auto-detail, 3d match. Played 1 game on almost the fastest setting (i like a quick game =)), with the TV- and mainstand-camera.

Al extra's were turned on (crowd, weather etc etc).

So far it runs fine. Nothing spectacular, but good framerate. The loading of the match is quite okay as well.

It will make your macbook work hard and a lot louder though.

Btw i'm on a 13" (cheapest version) of the macbook pro. Bought 1 or 2 months ago. I got no special videocard (like the 15" models do). But as i said, runs fine.

The HD Graphics 3000 will be perfectly fine, Intel have made major improvements in their integrated graphics processors with that chip. It's roughly equivalent to an entry level Radeon or Nvidia card.

I'm currently running FM11 with the HD Graphics 2000, which is inferior to the 3000, and the 3D match engine runs very well.

2.7 Ghz i7, 8gb Ram, 3000 HD Graphics card.

Identical graphics card to the i5 model so i assume whichever spec you choose, you would still get 4/5 stars in the 3d rating.

The i5 uses HD 2000 which is weaker, but the HD 2000 should have no problems playing it anyway. Therefore the HD 3000 should have no problems too.

Onboard graphics cards are no longer laughing stocks... The Intel HD 3000 does very well.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/11

42.2 FPS for CoD: MW2, 1024x768, Low is very impressive for the HD 2000.

More than enough power to run FM2011 3D.

I bought a Macbook Pro last Thursday, the exact same one as you've mentioned in fact. On my old laptop FM11 was jittery and prone to extremely long load times. On my new Macbook, the 3D graphics are listed as 4 stars, and game speed is even more impressive with 5 stars - I have around 60 leagues loaded with a large database. I'm extremely impressed and couldn't recommend highly enough.

Archived