Speed of older fm/cm games

I have a fast pc that can run quite a few leagues on fm11 but for speed I usually only load 6-10 countries. Having recently moved house I found a few old cm and fm games. If my pc can run 10 leagues easily on fm 11 does this mean it can run more on older games?

• 2 weeks later...

I can probably run twice the amount of leagues on FM08 than I can on FM10 & 11. That's my impression anyway.

Which versions have you got AB? Why not give one of them a try?

You could probably run tons of leagues if you go back a few versions with today's computer specs.

I can probably run twice the amount of leagues on FM08 than I can on FM10 & 11. That's my impression anyway.

Which versions have you got AB? Why not give one of them a try?

You could probably run tons of leagues if you go back a few versions with today's computer specs.

Got the last game before it became fm. Put it on the other day but ended up looking at player stats for ages. Strange to know that Messi will never be around lol.

Yeah, at least if we talk about the old CMs...now and then I play CM 01-02 and it runs at speed of light with many leagues loaded.

Have you used the mod which allows you to accelerate the game.

Essentially the game doesn't process anywhere near as fast as it can on modern hardware and you can "unlock" it to allow it to run as fast as possible.

Using the mod I can get the game running about 600% quicker than it does by default. If I have every league in the world loaded it takes less than 3 minutes to holiday a full season!

Have you used the mod which allows you to accelerate the game.

Essentially the game doesn't process anywhere near as fast as it can on modern hardware and you can "unlock" it to allow it to run as fast as possible.

Using the mod I can get the game running about 600% quicker than it does by default. If I have every league in the world loaded it takes less than 3 minutes to holiday a full season!

which mod would this be and where could i find it?

Really, I always thought CM 03-04 won't run on nowadays machines very well as they were designed in Java and they don't use the dual or quad cores. So yeah I can't see any speed booster application that will fix this issue.

..java?

The game's calculations are so hideously simple by comparison to FM 09 and newer that it'd surely run well enough, it's more the graphical aspect and high resolutions that might not be that pretty.

Simple as they are, the optimization is probably horrible compared to todays games, so if you tried to calculate the same amount on FM11 and FM08, 11 would blow it out the water. Regardless, it will work much faster than FM 11 obviously due to the reasons stated, there is just so much less the game has to calculate.

Archived