Idea for FM12 that could be easily implimented (Please Read)

Ok so the problem Can be read here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/263150-I-dont-BELIEVEEEEEE-it!

At least read the opening post before reading on as it will give you a better insight as to what this is about.

Basically Its the issue where aging stars who have massive wages don't appreciate taking a wage cut to stay at their current club even if the club is one of their favourite's.

I was thinking this morning how can this be sorted without changing the mechanics of the game/players/agents, which would probably be a long process.

Then it struck me. We currently have the option to add a yearly wage rise to young prospects as an added incentive.

Why not add a new clause to contract negotiations for players aged 30+, Yearly wage reduction?

Let me set the scene, You have a player at your club who has been fantastic during his mid-late 20's and has just turned 30 but is by far one of your key players who's experience is invaluable to your team. Over the years his wage has increased and rightly so, and now he believes he is at the peak of his career, Technically and mentally. You are a big club challenging for league and continental titles. He wants to become you highest earner, say 120,000 pounds a week with a look at retiring at the club so lets say a 4 year deal. With this Yearly Wage reduction of say 20% added to the contract.

During his early 30's he will obviously be playing week in week out and earning a nice little sum for this, but as we all know as they start to reach 33/34/35, players have to be used more sparingly and with this clause by that time their wage would have automatically been reduced due to the clause and it would be a more realistic wage for someone of that age.

By the time the contract is coming to an end he will be on a regular wage meaning that if you decide you want to offer him a new contract for back up/ tutoring purposes it should be easier to offer a lower wage as his wage is already smaller than that he was on 4 years prior.

Also it helps to keep your wage bill in check and also makes it easier to keep hold to your experienced players without having to pay through the roof for them, Personally i hate having to get rid of older players due to their high wage demands.

I believe this could easily be implemented into the game and would make a big difference. I do have a few ideas as to other things to add to the game but i think this idea is one that could be more rewarding to hardcore FM'ers who grow attached to their players in lnog term games but cant afford to keep them on because of the current system with older players and their demands.

I think it would be reasonably easy to implement but the question is why would anyone agree to a wage reduction as part of a contract.

Taking a wage cut to get a new contract is one thing but agreeing a wage cut as part of a longer term contract simply doesn't happen.

great players offen want more than 75k a week at their peak but even if you could manage that its still to high a wage once they hit 33/34 because they mostly refuse to sign for a lesser wage when that contract comes to an end.

Also i find when i add bonuses they still demand a large wage, this idea would end this.

its in the long term i feel a better idea than offering larger contracts for a year surely?

great players offen want more than 75k a week at their peak but even if you could manage that its still to high a wage once they hit 33/34 because they mostly refuse to sign for a lesser wage when that contract comes to an end.

Also i find when i add bonuses they still demand a large wage, this idea would end this.

its in the long term i feel a better idea than offering larger contracts for a year surely?

Just because its better for the club doesn't mean that players & agents would agree that its a better thing.

Don't know how old you are or what you do but would you or your parents agree to a pay cut every year?

You do bring up an area that needs more work though - bonuses. As it stands at present the main wage offer plays a much bigger role with bonuses not really having much effect on negotiations. This needs to be improved so that players recognise and give a bit more weighting to bonuses.

well if my parents where in their mid 60's and approaching retirement but got offered their same anual wage with a slight reduction on a yearly basis but they knew they had work until retirement im sure they would accept if they knew they would be laid off otherwise. wouldnt you?

I had a 33 year old Wayne Rooney he was on £150k and refused to sign again for less than £200k... He was in decline and no longer a starting player for club or country but insisted on being the highest earner at the club... I think there's big problems with older players in the game not just their wage demands but the way that no matter what you do they drastically drop stats when in reality players like Scholes, Giggs, Bergkamp all play/played at the highest level into their mid-late 30's.

just want to add that the thread i posted in the op is the main place i got this idea for but some people havent read it and have only read the scene i set for the idea here.

when your club is in big debt with no money to buy players and you have old players on high wages that will not accept lower wages so you have to let go, most of the time for free due to their age, then they sign for another club for next to nothing.

also you cant replace them with any kind of quality its pretty annoying when in rl players would take a pay cut in these circumstances and even wait for weeks to be paid to help the club.

makes no sense at all.

So you would sign on?

i disagree especially if you had a mortgage to pay. i know older people approaching retirement who have done this.

it happens especially in football. players/managers take wage cuts all the time to stay in a job or employment

Yes some people would take a pay cut to earn a new contract or stay in a job but thats not what you are suggesting - btw this does happen in FM.

You are wanting people to agree to take a pay cut every year in advance when a contract is signed.

Yes some people would take a pay cut to earn a new contract or stay in a job but thats not what you are suggesting - btw this does happen in FM.

You are wanting people to agree to take a pay cut every year in advance when a contract is signed.

Firstly it does not happen well enough in the game, as i and many others have said on these forums.

as far as my idea goes it is just an easy fix to this in game problem.

But its different than a footballer working. I am not contracted to a certain date, so they couldnt get rid of me or sack me, so theyd have to pay me the same regardless of my age.

Not if the company was in big debt it isnt, people would lose jobs, all these people that are losing their jobs. im pretty sure if they where ask to work less hours to keep your job, the majority would have agreed.

To be honest, I think SI would be better off sorting out the problems with this area directly, rather than implementing a "fix" like this. As others have said, I'm not sure it is realistic. It would be more realistic to make players keener to negotiate a new contract on a lower wage.

To be honest, I think SI would be better off sorting out the problems with this area directly, rather than implementing a "fix" like this. As others have said, I'm not sure it is realistic. It would be more realistic to make players keener to negotiate a new contract on a lower wage.

I thought about it a lot over the last few days and i think we all agree that it needs adressing and i would like to see, like you say, it to be directly fixed. im unsure as to how long it would take and if it would make it into fm 12 though which is why i tried to think of a 'quick fix'.

Archived