Why do players wait until...

there is 5 games to go in the regular season before whining about lack of first-team football? Evn if you play them in all 5 remaining games they're gonna still be unhappy...

I'm approaching the end of my second season with Hereford, last season at around the same time my backup keeper asked for first team footy, so I played him until the end of the season... he still requested a transfer :s This season my backup left winger (who IS good enough but the guy with the shirt is doing the biz) comes with 5 games to go and starts whining about lack of game time... luckily he's OOC at the end of the season and his wages are too high... ;)

I sometimes get this with players that have been playing the season. Not every game, but quite alot of them. But these players status' were down as either hot prospects or backup. Change that to rotation and they usually ok.

What I do is either aim to get an even better player for that position so that my current first teamer becomes the sub, and I can sell the whinger. Or I promise to sell them in the next transfer window and then just don't. I haven't had anyone complain that I've broken promises so far - but maybe I'm just lucky - or my players have very short memories.

That's just it SuperRed, both of my left wingers are of similar ability, I have no qualms about playing either one it's just that the guy that is playing has the second highest number of assists in the league, I can hardly drop him can I?

I was going to discard the whinger at the end of the season anyway as I have a youngster to tutor/blood next season that came through the ranks but both LW are OOC and I am 6k over budget on salaries so unable to offer 'proper' contracts to those that I want to keep... I'm planning on a mass cull at the end of may so I can get those I want to keep on new deals. (This is something else that needs bloody sorting out, we should at least be able to offer key players (those who have played 50%+ of games) new deals - no club in the world will not do so just because the budget is exceeded!)

What I do is either aim to get an even better player for that position so that my current first teamer becomes the sub, and I can sell the whinger. Or I promise to sell them in the next transfer window and then just don't. I haven't had anyone complain that I've broken promises so far - but maybe I'm just lucky - or my players have very short memories.

I have had players complain I broke the promise of buying somone that would make them less lonely, but it didn't have any real consequences. Maybe because I bought someone else (not Paulo Henrique) from Brazil. There doesn't seem to be any real consequences from breaking promises in general.

Archived