mental attributes

Work rate will be how much a player works hard for the team, pressures the opponents etc. Carlos Tevez would probably be an example of what I mean. Teamwork indicates how well a player plays with his team-mate, how likely he is to pass it and how well he understands what his team-mates do.

From what I've read Teamwork and Workrate go hand in hand... Workrate is how hard the player works and closes down his opponents.

And a high Teamwork attribute will see your team work well as a unit, working hard for eachother.

I play on a ladies 5 a side team, and there's a girl in our side who personifies the difference between work rate and team work. She will run the full the length of the pitch to win back the ball, but will rarely lay it off to someone else. To me, I think of team work as being the same as selfishness.

From what I've read Teamwork and Workrate go hand in hand... Workrate is how hard the player works and closes down his opponents.

And a high Teamwork attribute will see your team work well as a unit, working hard for eachother.

i asked this because i also would have thought that they would go hand in hand,dante a player a scout has reccommended has got 19 workrate and 10 teamwork,so this means he will work hard to get the ball and stuff but might not pass or work well for the team?

I play on a ladies 5 a side team, and there's a girl in our side who personifies the difference between work rate and team work. She will run the full the length of the pitch to win back the ball, but will rarely lay it off to someone else. To me, I think of team work as being the same as selfishness.

Wouldnt teamwork be the opposite of selfishness?

Teamwork: how well the player follows tactical instructions and works for and alongside his teammates. Players with lower ratings will slack off and not buy in to the team ethos. Blends with work rate and determination to work well.

Work rate: reflects the player's mental drive to work hard. A high rating will ensure a player wants to work his socks off from start to finish. Needs stamina to pull it off.

During a game, players with high work rates will look to make things happen instead of waiting for others to do it. It's a great state for any player regardless of position because they will always try to involve themselves in the action instead of letting others do it. Target men or playmakers with high WR and OTB attributes are very effective because they easily find space and hard to mark.

Teamwork looks at the decisions a player will likely make when they have the ball. Low teamwork will encourage the player to act in his own best interest, compared to high teamworking placers look to do what is best for the team. So IMO its about being a selfish or not. if you have a poacher with excellent finishing attributes, being selfish could be a good thing because they are likely shoot more often than pass, using their strengths.

Workrate is also useful for training. Higher work rates will increase the speed by which players attributes will improve.

Just what I was thinking! Selflessness would be a better word :)

Selfishness sounds too negative though, so I prefer Team work. It's not always a bad thing to be selfish. This is one of the few attributes where a high mark is important. Why would you want a good team working player who has a low creativity or passing rating. An attacker with a high team working attribute is more likely to look for a team mate and pass, but what if he's a poor passer. What if his strength is finishing, yet he rarely uses it because he's too much of a team player and chose to pass. A selfish finisher will score more goals than an unselfish finisher.

Everyone just told you what they think teamwork means in the context of real world. No one has any idea what it really does in the game. It might be a stat that does nothing and we wouldnt be any wiser. It is most likely some coefficient affecting positioning and/or chance of a pass but who knows.

I've got an example like that in my current save. A 16 year old striker with very high workrate and determination, but very low teamwork. It's quite hilarious really; when he gets the ball he puts his head down and dribbles all over the shop. 19 times out of 20 he runs into a cul-de-sac and loses possession; 1 time in 20 he'll score. But he will never EVER pass the damn ball!!!

Archived