Assistant reports about Potential of my players?Can I get a second opinion or?

I am very confused with Man Utd in my second season I signed Affelai from PSV I think some German guy Klement and Thiago from Barcelona [Won a battle with Arsenal for him].

Affelai and Klement had 3.5 stars as potential [Rooney has 4 When u play with big club I guess its different Nani has 4 Berba has 3.5 Ramsey has 3.5 Pato has 3.5 Iba has 3.5] so I said hey they are good:).And THiago had 4 stars at age of 20.

I was pretty sure Thiago is great talent because Arsenal were interested.

Now at the end of the season Affelai is 2.5 stars and Klement is 2.5 stars also Thiago ...And I have crappy youngsters who also have 2.5 stars in my reserve .

Bassicly thiago went from 170 potential and plus to something like 130 by my scouts judging .I dont want to use FMRTE to check it and I dont have fmrte.

Can I somehow get a second opinion on those players to know if its worth developing them or simply cash in?

I find that some assistant managers and poorer scouts can get player potential wrong, but it might be worth noting the potential star rating rather than the current one.

But for a second opinion look on the player reports screen and select different coaches

i think they will be making the star system easier to understand in future versions, hopefully!!!

from what i can gather 3.5 stars is the standard of your squad as a whole, so above that would be an improvement and below that would be a poorer standard!

so basically if you buy a 5 star player, everybody else's star rating will decrease.

players will not lose their potential, but as they age it will be harder for them to reach and of course in the meantime their current ability may well decrease.

i doubt there is a way calculate these stars as they are very complicated and your scout may well be wrong anyway and conflicting advice, hence why people feel the need for fmrte or genie scout.

determinatino and ambition can be good indicators of how good a player may become!!

Bassicly thiago went from 170 potential and plus to something like 130 by my scouts judging.

I think this might be your problem right here. The number of stars does not equate to a PA number. The number of stars equate to your assistant's (or scout's) opinion of his potential relative to other players you have in that position.

If you're Man Utd and have players like Rooney, you can't expect to get many 4* players...

Scout/AssMan stars reports are RELATIVE to the level of the players you already have in your team and to the stature/goals of your club.

So a 2.5* player isn't really "poor", or "130 PA", because the measuring sticks are the likes of Rooney, Nani etc... Those 2.5 stars mean "this player is good enough to be a reliable rotation player at your club".

But if you sell Rooney and some others, those star rating would suddenly go up...

And if you were Aston Villa, the same players would probably be 4*, and if you were Leicester they'd be a full 5*.

But the PA would still be the same!

The higer the level you manage at, the fewer >3* players you'll find.

P.S. occasionally, especially younger players (with high potential) can have their ability reassessed, often because they're not developing as expected, so the drop in the Star Rating can be due to their Potential Ability having become "out of reach".

But that doesn't affect established players...

Archived