'Your Assistant Manager doesn't think any advice is needed'

Anyone else sick of seeing that. I damn well pay them to give me advice and help out around the team, they should ALWAYS have some advice to give when you're responding in the media to transfer stories, even if it's poor advice. Sometimes it is obvious what to do, but that's not the point, it's his job. If I slacked off like that in a real job I'd get warned and then sacked!

I might be wrong but I've always taken this to mean "the answer is so obvious I don't need to give you any guidance."

I know that's what it means, but it's not my assistant managers job to decide whether or not to advise me, regardless of how obvious something is, if he's not going to give me advice, then he's not doing his job. Plus, there's been a few times where it's not been as obvious as the assman thinks it is.

I mean, I usually make up my own mind anyway, but it's the principle of the thing, he should always be giving you advice, what if a player is new to the game and isn't sure of what do do?

Then sack him , teach him a lesson of thinking your not complete numpty

The problem being that any assman would do this in game. And it's not that I need his advice(I rarely listen anyway), but it's the principle. He should always be advising you in case you do actually need it.

The problem being that any assman would do this in game. And it's not that I need his advice(I rarely listen anyway), but it's the principle. He should always be advising you in case you do actually need it.

Then why do you need an ass man ? :p

just keep on hiring and firing depending on when they say 'doesnt think any advice needed'

Then why do you need an ass man ? :p

You're missing the point. If I have an assman employed, it is his job to advise me whether I need his advice or not. I'm comfortable without it myself, I only have him employed to do team talks, press conferences and match prep, rather than advise me on transfers, but perhaps other players are less comfortable when responding to media interest and the like. New players may want the advice, only to be told that the assman doesn't think advice is required.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

You're missing the point. If I have an assman employed, it is his job to advise me whether I need his advice or not. I'm comfortable without it myself, I only have him employed to do team talks, press conferences and match prep, rather than advise me on transfers, but perhaps other players are less comfortable when responding to media interest and the like. New players may want the advice, only to be told that the assman doesn't think advice is required.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Ah ok , maybe then if you could have an adaptive AI assman, see's when you ignore and then doesnt make any comments and will help when you need it ?

Ah ok , maybe then if you could have an adaptive AI assman, see's when you ignore and then doesnt make any comments and will help when you need it ?

No. Just have an assman who always offers advice when dealing with the transfer speculation. Don't need anything fancy doing.

I know that's what it means, but it's not my assistant managers job to decide whether or not to advise me, regardless of how obvious something is, if he's not going to give me advice, then he's not doing his job. Plus, there's been a few times where it's not been as obvious as the assman thinks it is.

I mean, I usually make up my own mind anyway, but it's the principle of the thing, he should always be giving you advice, what if a player is new to the game and isn't sure of what do do?

I have to say there have been a few times where I have thought the same thing.

Usually this "no advice needed" message appears when there's already a bid made for the player involved in trasfer speculation. I think it means that there's no point to give signals to clubs anymore, instead you should answer by transfer negotiation screen. Give your answer by accepting/rejecting/negotiating the deal.

It seems fairly logical.

On transfer negotiation screen you can also see what your assman thinks of his player. E.g. player X is a quality player. I've been thinking that this advice there should be more detailed. E.g. 'Assman consideres player X to be your best striker, player Y isn't far of player X level and has potential to become even better player.' or 'Player X is your best central midfielder, your 2nd best MC is player Y who is far from playing player X level. Your assman thinks you should consider finding a replacement for player X from transfer market, if you wish to sell him.'

Supidly the Ass Man will refuse to give guidence when an offer is already in your inbox.

So let's say a big offer is sitting there for a talented youngster - the ass man won't give any advice - when this is exactly the kind of time you need advice.

Perhaps assman could rate the offer considering player age, current and potential ability of player, player reputation, club reputation, player squad status, whether player himself wants to be transferred or not etc. and say that "This offer is acceptable (poor, good, fair, too good to turn down etc.).

The assistant manager should always give advice, because it is never clear what is "obvious" to the user.

Oddly enough, your assistant is happy to give advice when you a Premier League side tries to sign a 40-year-old Blue Square South striker ("not worth it") - I thought this was obvious, but it doesn't annoy me.

Just think of this scenario...

You're at a party and a cute girl invites you to a "tour upstairs"... do you ask your buddy "what should I do?" ;)

That's the typical "no advice needed", because it's quite an obvious decision, or at least it looks like one. Then again you're free to decline her proposal because you'd rather play drunk guitar hero with some other guys, but that's up to you...

Since we are talking about the ass man, what are the ratings I should be looking for a good assistant? I want to replace my assistand with someone better.

I personally concentrate on Judge CA, Judge PA (at least 19+19 on higher level), Tactical knowledge, Working with youngsters, Man management + DDM. If Ass man can train some category, OK. If not, coaches do the job.

For me, Ass man is almost purely helping with young prospect transfers and "quick" transfers where you have no time to get proper scout reports.

Just think of this scenario...

You're at a party and a cute girl invites you to a "tour upstairs"... do you ask your buddy "what should I do?" ;)

That's the typical "no advice needed", because it's quite an obvious decision, or at least it looks like one. Then again you're free to decline her proposal because you'd rather play drunk guitar hero with some other guys, but that's up to you...

lol, good explanation, do you think she wants to play fm2011 hotseat!!

Since we are talking about the ass man, what are the ratings I should be looking for a good assistant? I want to replace my assistand with someone better.

i would go for high tactical knowledge and tactical coaching, very handy for opposition instructions and players training!!

Archived