Wait....did i qualify for Europe?

There are only 3 places in the Europa League,

- 5th in the League

- FA Cup Winner

- Carling Cup Winner

If Carling Cup winner qualifies via the League, then that place goes to 6th in the League, if the FA Cup winner has already qualified, then it goes to the runner-up. If they've already qualified, it goes to the League.

So, compared to real life this season, Birmingham won the Carling Cup, so 7th place will not qualify for the Europa League. It's very unlikely that 6th place will result in qualification this year, because a final of Man Utd/Man City vs Stoke/Bolton means if Stoke or Bolton win the FA Cup, they qualify, if Stoke or Bolton are FA Cup runners up, they qualify.

So in short, Yes, Nottingham Forest qualified by being the FA Cup runners up.

If you think that's destroying, try qualifying for the Champions League in 4th place after a very long season, only to discover that the Champions League final is between Man City and Chelsea, who didn't qualifiy.

My place with Everton was promptly taken away from me and handed to the winners, Man City :D

Ironic really, i've got Liverpool to thank for that :thup:

If you think that's destroying, try qualifying for the Champions League in 4th place after a very long season, only to discover that the Champions League final is between Man City and Chelsea, who didn't qualifiy.

My place with Everton was promptly taken away from me and handed to the winners, Man City :D

Ironic really, i've got Liverpool to thank for that :thup:

Was it smart enough to give you one of the Europa places instead?

Archived