Chairman needs the boot!!

RIGHT!! i'm Barnet and i'm in league 1, its was january and i was £600,000 in debt! he sold my best center back for 230k, i was 3rd at the time.

then my team went downhill till may, then i won 3 on the trott!! then the start of the new season, its july time and he sells 3 of my best player within a week! i mean how does he expect me to go up and take the club to the next heights, and i'm still 400k in debt. but gives me 200k to spend ????

That's how lower league clubs are run. A good offer comes in. Chairman accepts as it brings the club some money and it reduces the cubs losses as most do make losses. I know alot of managers will have smaller budgets to work with next season as well. John Ward at Colchester is one and that's why Paul Ince resigned/left MK Dons last season. Nottingham Forest have had that problem. They reached the play-offs in the Championship/old Division One back in 2003. They didn't go up but a lot of players left because we couldn't afford to keep them or they wanted to move. Forest were invloved in relegation scrap and only just stayed up. The following season they got relegated to League One. Sheffield United are another side. They now don't have the funds to pay as much in wages so are struggling to achieve success and get promoted again. So they will have to start rebuilding and could even go down this season.

That's how lower league clubs are run. A good offer comes in. Chairman accepts as it brings the club some money and it reduces the cubs losses as most do make losses. I know alot of managers will have smaller budgets to work with next season as well. John Ward at Colchester is one and that's why Paul Ince resigned/left MK Dons last season. Nottingham Forest have had that problem. They reached the play-offs in the Championship/old Division One back in 2003. They didn't go up but a lot of players left because we couldn't afford to keep them or they wanted to move. Forest were invloved in relegation scrap and only just stayed up. The following season they got relegated to League One. Sheffield United are another side. They now don't have the funds to pay as much in wages so are struggling to achieve success and get promoted again. So they will have to start rebuilding and could even go down this season.

Yeah i suppose your right. but it's going to be tough!!! what team you playing with at the

moment?? oooh and BTW, can you change your username on this??? cheers

This is how lower league football works. You need to make sure you keep the wage bill down and look to replace your star players with free transfers, who could then go on to be big players and be sold for big money, but not before they help you gain promotion!

Yeah i suppose your right. but it's going to be tough!!! what team you playing with at the

moment?? oooh and BTW, can you change your username on this??? cheers

I'm Blackpool at the moment but it does happen in the lower leagues alot and has happened to me before. I often look to the lesser nations for free agents as they will often come for cheaper wages and replace the outgoing player. I enjoy looking for players that aren't that well known to.

I don't believe you can change your username unless it's extreme circumstances. The best person to ask is Neil Brock :thup:.

I have just experienced pretty much the same thing with my Doncaster team. The chairman has sold 3 4 star players with 4.5 and 5 star potential for bids that matches the players values. I wouldn't mind this really as it is part of fooball but we don't get a chance to make it known what we think about it, sure you can tell the media your chairman is more stupid than most rocks but it fills no function. Sure you can resign out of anger but you have zero chance of letting the board, fans, chairman, players know why you resigned. Boardinteractions have gone forward over the recent years and I really hope it is something that will keep evolving because not being able to say what you think and it actually having an impact of the game is extremly annoying. You should be able to march into the boardroom and say that they have just ruined the chances of any success the club was able to achieve and tell them that they need to lower the goals for the season. They should also be made intelligent enough to realise that if you sell out 3 key players from the team without any chance of replacing them the goals will have to be lowered, as it is at the moment you get worse players, worse resources at the same time as they demand more success.

Make it possible to negotiate more with the board before you sign your contract. What longer term goals do the board have for the club and what are they willing to invest, what do you think will be needed for it and try and find a middle way. Maybe it is how real football works I don't know but to me it seems stupid that the demands go from avoid relegation to top half finish and the wagebudget is cut in half, top players are being sold and you get no chance to replace them.

I don't really see why the fans are so supportive of the board selling players when they cut your head of for getting rid of players that barely are good enough to play 2 divisions below you.

Archived