I have a serious problem about 3-4-1-2 formation...

i play fm 2011 version 11.3

when i use formation 3-4-1-2 ,when my team is defending, ML and MR go too deep like this...

---------------------------GK----------------------------------

--------------------DC----DC----DC--------------------------

-----------MR-------------------------------ML---------------

----------------------MC--------MC---------------------------

--------------------------AMC--------------------------------

----------------------ST----------ST------------------------

but i want my team defending like this....

----------------------------GK-------------------------

---------------------DC----DC----DC------------------

-------------MR------MC-------MC------ML----------

----------------------------AMC------------------------

-----------------------ST---------ST-------------------

i tried to change ML and MR closing down up,and change ML and MR to mark man,and more attacking,but the result is the same.

Can someone help me? or it is a bug of the game.

thank u and sorry for my bad English.

i play fm 2011 version 11.3

when i use formation 3-4-1-2 ,when my team is defending, ML and MR go too deep like this...

---------------------------GK----------------------------------

--------------------DC----DC----DC--------------------------

-----------MR-------------------------------ML---------------

----------------------MC--------MC---------------------------

--------------------------AMC--------------------------------

----------------------ST----------ST------------------------

but i want my team defending like this....

----------------------------GK-------------------------

---------------------DC----DC----DC------------------

-------------MR------MC-------MC------ML----------

----------------------------AMC------------------------

-----------------------ST---------ST-------------------

i tried to change ML and MR closing down up,and change ML and MR to mark man,and more attacking,but the result is the same.

Can someone help me? or it is a bug of the game.

thank u and sorry for my bad English.

I hade the same problem in fm 2010...you may have to put your wide players in line with the amc

It's a well know problem. I don't know where the threads are now, but I myself was involved in some pretty intensive discussion of the flaws of the ME with regard to this tactic. Lots of testing went into it, and it was concluded that it was an ME flaw.

It's your tactics.

The MR/L defends like that because there are nobody else to mark the opposing wingers, as someone has to do it. If you want one of the central defenders to do it, I suggest you tweak them. Man marking the wingeer, perhaps?

It's your tactics.

The MR/L defends like that because there are nobody else to mark the opposing wingers, as someone has to do it. If you want one of the central defenders to do it, I suggest you tweak them. Man marking the wingeer, perhaps?

No. It's a bug/flaw in the match engine. Tactics can't solve it.

No. It's a bug/flaw in the match engine. Tactics can't solve it.

I use a 3-4-3 with def - 2 stoppers and a cover in the center, defensive wingers set on attack duty, 1 ball winning mid set to defend and 1 central mid set to support. Set the strikers as you wish. Try that and see if it helps. I always close and wrong foot the opposition wingers

No matter what roles you assign the wingers drop to full backs when defending. It's a flaw in the match engine and it's there since last year. It's pretty bad because you can't effectively use a 3-5-2 tactic, because the DCs should cover the full defensive line, but instead the wingers drop to make a 5-man defensive line.

Set the two side central defenders to full back/defend, they'll naturally narrow to form a central defensive three, but them being there will also stop the wide midfielders dropping too deep. Only problem is the side defenders are sometimes reluctant to cross to the other side of the pitch to close down a player if they're needed there. Also it might take a lot of retraining, depending on your squad.

No matter what roles you assign the wingers drop to full backs when defending. It's a flaw in the match engine and it's there since last year. It's pretty bad because you can't effectively use a 3-5-2 tactic, because the DCs should cover the full defensive line, but instead the wingers drop to make a 5-man defensive line.

It's not about which roles you set for the wingers, it's abut the instructions you give the CD's. If they don't cover the opposing winger, then your winger has to do it, simple as that. Get the central defenders out to mark the wingers, and your wingers can stay higher up.

i agree with u.

ok i have to say, i just been watching my 3-4-3 in action and my wingers are indeed playng as wingbacks. Infact they are barely getting across the half way line now and its making me concede goals. It was never that bad before the last patch im sure...wtf happened here ? I have also noticed the behaviour of full backs in my rigid 4-4-1-1 formation has gone badly wrong aswell. What exactly did the last patch do ?

Archived