What the hell!?!

I'm in my first season with Man U in 2010. I see that a lot of clubs were bidding RVP so I decided I should bid for him too. A.Madrid bid €14.5, Milan bid €20 and I put in a bid of €25 with 30% on my next sale. They accepted Milan's bid and they come back to me to "negotiate" they want €88. I started to freak out, why does Milan get there 22million euro bid accepted and I have to pay 88? I needed a new striker because Rooney wasn't getting it done so I bid Ibrahimovic they come and they want €256. Why do I have to pay so much?

Two reasons i can think of:

1) Rivalry between Man United and Arsenal means they are less likely to sell you their players.

2) You are in the same league, same thing came up irl recently with Spurs saying an English team would need to pay #5mil more for Berbatov.

These points aside the money involved in this seems excessive and i bloody hate it when teams renegotiate to ridiculous levels.

It's also with other teams from different leagues. Aresenal made a bid for Mutu for €32mil and I made a bid of €35mil, they accepted Arsenal's and they want to negotiate with me for 60 mil.

I wanted Ibrahimovic and they come back and tell me you can have him for 256 million Euros. One time I was Juventus and I bought Gerrard for 200 million. This is ridiculous.

Have you tried making your bids non-negotiable. Not sure if it will work for you but has saved me a lot of money at times, i got fed up with teams negotiating for silly figures. As i say not sure it will work but worth a pop.

It's been said a few times before how bad the transfer system on the is. The AI will accept a bid from an AI team and reject or negotiate a bid of the same value from you. Hopefully it will be improved for FM09.

Would be great for this to be fixed, dont think it will be too hard just when a AI team bids you should be able to make the same bid give or take, ofcourse a bit more if their your rival.

Very start of the game Arsenal bought silva for like 40mil pounds and then Mutu for heaps too. They got money oozing out of them.

What can do I do to pay less for players. I always feel I'm overpaying for players.

check out when their contracts are ending, then when there is around 6-9 months left start praising them in the media, then they will (often) sign with you on a bosman.

also, try to avoid some of the big name players, there are plenty of good players who are similar (or better with the right training) running around but you can pick them up for less than a quarter of the price.

i may love Stevie G like a God, but i wouldn't opay 200M Euros for him!

Archived