Adapting to a new country

If I have (example) a south american player who is having difficulty adapting to living in England and I loan him out to my scottish feeder to get match experience, will his time in scotland help him to adapt to life in england

In the real world it would since hte differences are not that great, but I am not sure if thats the case in the game..

I once scouted a Scottish player when I was an English club, and was told he had huge problems when it came to living in another country - lol - so who knows how the game sees it?

Definately worth considering buying a friend for him, ask him if he can recommend someone.

How can it help a foreign player that can't settle, to be sent to a country very similar/close to the one he can't settle in?

In short, the lads homesick!

Playing matches helps. But not so much as buying a fellow player from his nation (that is better at adapting) or sending him home.

I once scouted a Scottish player when I was an English club, and was told he had huge problems when it came to living in another country - lol - so who knows how the game sees it?

Definately worth considering buying a friend for him, ask him if he can recommend someone.

Just buy him lots of haggis.

Probably could have been clearer in my original post.

Sending him out to loan would be to get him games to improve as a player.

However I need to balance that against settling him in in a new country, so I was wondering if loaning him to scotland would accomplish both at the same time - or at least not slow the process down by much.

My favored feeder club (for real life reasons) has alway been a scottish one, but if FM treats Scotland / England as completely different places to live, I might need to change my feeder to an english club.

Sounds like my best option is to get him a country mate at my main club since I cant really control that at the feeder. Would have been nice to avoid him sitting in the reserves though.

Archived