Applying For A New Job

I am looking for a new challenge in my current save and I am declaring interest in Premier League clubs but it says I have no chance of getting any of the jobs. What do I need to do to be considered a job in the Premiership?? I have won 3 Scottish Leagues, 4 Scottish Cups and the Euro Cup once. Also my Reputation is world class.

I don't quite get it.

There is a big difference between the Scottish leagues and the English leagues. So, to get a chance to manage in the Premiership you may have to lower what level you manage at to start off with :thup:. So apply for jobs in the Championship and League One.

Yeah maybe, but I thought wining a European trophy would count for alot. I'm not applying for Man Utd, but relegation clubs.

The Euro cup isnt a high enough rep for the Premiership. Its not the Champions cup. Im with Ajax won 3 league titles currently on course for my 4th and 10 cups including Euro cup and have the same problem. I think its to do with the reputation of the league you win in. So Championship clubs would be better so you can take them up into Permiership

The Euro cup isnt a high enough rep for the Premiership. Its not the Champions cup. Im with Ajax won 3 league titles currently on course for my 4th and 10 cups including Euro cup and have the same problem. I think its to do with the reputation of the league you win in. So Championship clubs would be better so you can take them up into Permiership

But surely a manager with silverware is better than a manger with nothing?? especially a European Cup. Also I guess you rep is world class, so you would think this would count as rep counts for alot. A world class rep means you're on par with Ferguson and Wenger, now that with the silverware should be enough for a job in the Premiership??

I did a test on this on another save as wanting a journeyman career starting at Ajax I was concerned that no clubs were coming after me despite me winning alot of things. What I did in the text save was when a manger got very insecure / precaurios on the job security I declared an interest in which I got a good response and offered the jobs. However this was only for Championship jobs and Premiership chairmen laughed at me. So instead of waiting for someone to be sacked try declaring an intersest at the right moment. This is what I intend to do, but am waiting for the right Championship job at the moment.

Still dont understand how you can win 10 trophies 4 league tiltles and still get laughed at by Prem Chaimen when declaing an interest. My stats say im one of the moset successful managers. I have mentioned it before on the forums and some people say its a bug been looked at for the next patch. Not sure if it is or weather it is down to th reputation of the league you are managing. Maybe SI could comment but doubt they will

I think You have to resign first. If you're unemployed and with a good reputation you'll have better chances to get a job in the premier league.

If you're still manager of rangers the other clubs have to pay a penal to rangers to hire you and so they're not interested...try to save the game, then resign and ask for a job in a premier league club

On my current save I won both cups and back to back leagues with Hibs in Scotland and got to the knockout stages of the Champions League in successive seasons. Got bored and went looking for a job in England. Not one Premiership club was interested. Went to Middlesbrough in the Championship. Got them promoted and then got offered the Liverpool job. Hurray!

I haven't resigned and I'm Rangers. I have also applied for West Ham in the Championship which went to Ryan Giggs and Leicester which went to Keith Millen.

Yea if you resign then there more likely to accept, if you don't chances are you'll only **** off the board at rangers.

I think You have to resign first. If you're unemployed and with a good reputation you'll have better chances to get a job in the premier league.

If you're still manager of rangers the other clubs have to pay a penal to rangers to hire you and so they're not interested...try to save the game, then resign and ask for a job in a premier league club

I did what you suggested, then I applied for the Leicester job and got it, Giggs still got the West Ham job.

Leicester which went to Keith Millen.

Millen is a complete club whor* on my save...!

Back on topic, this seems to be a very debated matter...me personally, have had no problems, frequently getting job offers from higher clubs. Then again some people can't seem to get a job for love nor' money!

But SI are aware and have been looking into it!

maybe there chairman is laughing because he will have to pay that club compensation???? look how much ur getting etcc or like what they've said above..just resign or w/e

I honestly don't think that compensation will be an issue for a team like Man City when they're going for a manager who's won the CL twice in a row.

I don't think compensation is the issue (at least it really shouldn't be) but in my experience you get offered more once you have resigned.

I took a league 2 team to the premiership and was getting top6 with them but couldn't get a larger club (was after more income as my club wouldn't build a new stadium) to offer me a job. England came knocking and I did 3 seasons with them. I wanted to get back into a top club but no team I applied for would touch me. I resigned and went on holiday and got 3 good offers in quick succession.

Don't know why it should matter but it seems to.

I don't think compensation is the issue (at least it really shouldn't be) but in my experience you get offered more once you have resigned.

I took a league 2 team to the premiership and was getting top6 with them but couldn't get a larger club (was after more income as my club wouldn't build a new stadium) to offer me a job. England came knocking and I did 3 seasons with them. I wanted to get back into a top club but no team I applied for would touch me. I resigned and went on holiday and got 3 good offers in quick succession.

Don't know why it should matter but it seems to.

Tried that as well, split my saved game and resigned and after two seasons the only jobs I got offered were ones in Holland.

Archived