Boreham Wood attracting players

Hi, I'm just wondering if there's a glitch on my game.

I've been managing Boreham Wood in the Blue Square South for 2 seasons now (finished 14th and then 3rd but lost in the playoffs). During the summer my assistant recommended certain players such as Aaron Wilbraham, Maceo Rigters and Barry Nicholson. For some bizarre reason all three of these players who are probably league 1/league 2 standard all wanted to come to me and on minimal wages (eg. £250 a week).

My past experience is sunday league footballer and I'm just wondering if it's a mistake that these top players are willing to sign for a Blue Square South team.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I wouldnt suggest that is too abnormal for those 3 players you've stated.

My save at Albion rovers in the third tier of Scottish football allowed me to sign Nicholson and in particular Rigters on part time contracts and wages of a nominal amount...

Whether thats 'realistic' is debatable but at least its not isolated to your particular save.

So no, your games not glitched.

:)

My guess is that it is related to the bugs in the transfer system with AI clubs not being interested in these players despite them being of a better quality than they had. The players themselves being interested in joining your club is probably explained by the fact they didn't receive better offers. I could easily be wrong but it would be my guess.

If the players are out of contract and their reputation is low, they'll accept low wages. Was that the case?

I signed players that were far better than I started with on wages of around 40-200 pw in the BSN/BSP, they were all free transfers, and at most, interest was from clubs of similar stature to my own. Interestingly, the AI seems to have great difficulty signing many of the players they're interested in, with their contract offers constantly being rejected.

Archived