lack of discipline

Not exactly sure what you mean but if its players that are always getting sent off then you could try fining them heavily if they get sent off instead of either doing nothing or giving them warnings. Some players might moan a bit more about you doing this but they'll eventually get over it and you should see an improvement in their discipline.

If the message is saying that players are concerned about a lack of managerial discipline then you normally get this if you fail (or forget like I sometimes do!) to take any action against players who get sent off in matches.

Not exactly sure what you mean but if its players that are always getting sent off then you could try fining them heavily if they get sent off instead of either doing nothing or giving them warnings. Some players might moan a bit more about you doing this but they'll eventually get over it and you should see an improvement in their discipline.

If the message is saying that players are concerned about a lack of managerial discipline then you normally get this if you fail (or forget like I sometimes do!) to take any action against players who get sent off in matches.

this is correct, i had the same issue recently. taking a harder line on red cards works really well.

I had this recently too...

Playing as Liverpool I would let Sammy Lee do opposition instructions before games. First bunch of games there were tons or reds and yellows. Pouslon got sent off 3 times in 6 matches at one point.

Assume its something to do with Sammy Lee as he always set tackling to hard for every opposition player, so he doesnt do them any more.

I fined players the maximum possible everytime they got sent off, except one time for Gerrard when after viewing replays, I decided a warning was enough (he got 2 yellows, one for handball, the other a trip).

But the first to complain about the lack of discipline was Poulson! - "Lack of discipline?! It's you who keeps getting sent off!"

Then Torres complained too.

I spoke with them both, promising I would deal with the situation. Torres was satisfied and now has a comment in his profile "has been promised by the manager that discipline will improve"

Poulson on the other hand, said "I dont believe you will keep your word!" , Would not accept anything I said and ranted off to the press about it - Needless to say he now spends his time with the kids, awaiting a transfer out of the club.

Poulson then complained about being transfer listed and begged to stay. Not happening.

i ALWAYS fine 2 weeks wages anyone who gets a straight red card without fail if they are a reserve team player or a club legend. warning for a red for 2 yellows, poor performance gets a warning, a second offence gets a 1 week fine and so on.

in the monthly training report, anyone on the "not trained well over the past month" gets a talking to in private chat, anyone who doesnt like it gets told to put up or shut up.

I got 5 reds this season, annd i think i only got 1 or 2 in all teh previous seasons i've played :( All for 'vicious tackles' aswell. In a related note, how much squad discipline do you have on your manager profile? Mines 85% which i imagine is pretty good but what are the benefits of this? Will players be less likely to speak out etc.?

Archived