FM2011 (iPhone) post-January transfer update?

I bought FM2011 (iPhone) last night and immediately started a game as my beloved mackems, but my heart sank as soon as I saw Darren Bent still in there. Any chance of a transfer update any time soon? I'd love to see Muntari and Sessegnon in the team, and there have been some other major transfers (Torres, Dzeko, Carroll etc).

• SI Staff

Don't panic there will be a data update containing all the January transfers as soon as we've got all the data from around the world collated and have tested everything thoroughly.

It'll likely be later this month - but I can't give a fixed date as Apple control the submission process for products through iTunes.

• SI Staff
May I ask whether non-existant players will be added to the database?

e.g. Ryo Miyaichi listed on loan to Feyenoord from Arsenal?

Or will it just be the existing players that are transferred?

We are hoping to expand the database somewhat (especially for multiple league setups) in this update but I can't guarentee exactly which players will be present in it - we will as always try to put any players mentioned into the database but this isn't always possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
Courtois of genk isn't on the game, will he be added to the next update or if not can he be added to the next update?

He's present in the update if you're running Belgium (just checked, sorry for the delay wanted to make sure I had the up to date database).

• SI Staff
Will the update be in march now guys ?....

Unfortunately yes, its looking that way - apologies - but a problem was found in QA and it will need fixing and then have to go through the whole test procedure again to ensure it hasn't caused any other issues.

Unfortunately yes, its looking that way - apologies - but a problem was found in QA and it will need fixing and then have to go through the whole test procedure again to ensure it hasn't caused any other issues.

Thanks for the reply marc,thats ok i'm gonna get stuck into a bordeaux career for now !

• SI Staff
when the new update comes out?

Still in QA - should be going to submission in the next week if all goes well (then its up to Apple how long their QA etc. take) - apologies for the delay, but its obviously important we get things right.

Archived