Have some more complaints

First of all I want to say that on the whole this game is just marvellous. But still there are some things that spoil the picture. I'm playing spanish season so I don't have much to say about other leagues.

1. Atletico de Madrid

In the game this club is presented as a powerhouse that is only slightly behind two giants Real Madrid and Barcelona. IRL it's a club that does have two very good forwards, but at the same time is considerably weak in midfield and vulnerable at the back. IRL it's a club that doesn't have a history of consistent peformances over the last years. IRL it's a club that in it's current state can only think of 4-th position in the league (with much much luck) and very unlikely beyond that. So my question is - why the hell Atletico is so strong in the game? It's too damn strong! In no way it is a title contender IRL, while in the game it constantly mounts a serious title challenge from the starting 2010/2011 season. It almost never wins it but establishes itself as an undisputed third force in the league. It's starting reputation is 8500 only 500 points less than Inter Milan (the reigning european champion) has and 1000 points (!) more than Villareal has.

Of course this can be changed in the editor, but still I find it rather strange. Especially remembering that in previous versions it was the same thing - Atletico was too damn strong, which is very unrealistic. It looks like... I don't know... sort of blind faith in this team :)

2. Matches

TOO MANY!

Too many yellow cards recieved on the first(!) minute of the game. Even in Spain with their rustless referees you will rarely see a yellow card that is shown before 10 or 15 minute. Nobody dives into tackles with the starting whistle. And even when it happens the referee is much more likely to start with warnings and talkings. In the game a yellow card on the first minute is a normal case. It happens very often. In fact not only first minute yellow cards but first minute goals, injuries and other important events as well are happening too damn often. This is unrealistic.

Too many immidiate responses. While playing the game you can often see the situation when the home side is pressing the guests real hard. It's pressing and pushing and creating chances and finally scoring. And than all of a sudden the guests equalize in their first attack since they conceded. Moreover very often their successful attack can start with the kick off. Thus you can often see a home side scoring on for example 25-th minute (following 25 minutes of consistent pressure) and guests scoring on 26-th minute in their very first attempt to equlize. Out of nothing in other words. It just can't be that simple. Especially when playing away matches.

3. Bans

In case my previous post wasn't read I'm again paying your attention that in Spain cup and league are connected in terms of bans. For example If a player is sent off in a cup match he cannot play in the following league game. Just a reminder.

Thank you for your attention!

Too many yellow cards recieved on the first(!) minute of the game. Even in Spain with their rustless referees you will rarely see a yellow card that is shown before 10 or 15 minute. Nobody dives into tackles with the starting whistle. And even when it happens the referee is much more likely to start with warnings and talkings. In the game a yellow card on the first minute is a normal case. It happens very often. In fact not only first minute yellow cards but first minute goals, injuries and other important events as well are happening too damn often. This is unrealistic.

Chelsea vs Liverpool today, Mikel booked in the first 30 seconds.....

:) Also noticed. Yesterday Arsenal made 4:4 out of 4:0 which was one of the complaints here. And today we got a yellow card on the first minute.

But in general it is very very very rare thing. In the game it can be every 7 or 8 games which is in fact very often. And I'm talking only about matches where my team plays.

Its not often we see that have we, at least on BPL. Where is the last time you see players get booked in the first ~5minutes in the game.

Back to topic. I agree with you in this case tyler. AMadrid are too damn strong in the game. In my observation they are too strong because they have fast paced attacks in the game(I don't how they play irl but in FM they're too fast paced. Maybe thats why A madrid are too strong. Just my thought.

The game follows the rules of how it should be. In real the referee "feels" the match and doesn't always give yellows in the start.

It's just impossible to program the game referee to "feel" the match.

It is. It is possible. You can set up probability of events. Just like IRL you get the scores like 5:5 or 7:1 in the game. But it happens seldom. Why? Because the probability of such rare results is set up accordingly. The same thing about yellow cards in the first 10-15 minutes of the game. The probability that the player is warned other then booked is higher in the beggining of the game. That's it!

The game follows the rules of how it should be. In real the referee "feels" the match and doesn't always give yellows in the start.

It's just impossible to program the game referee to "feel" the match.

Rubbish - this is one of the easiest things to prgram...hell I could do it in COBOL or Microsofts VBA...

:) Also noticed. Yesterday Arsenal made 4:4 out of 4:0 which was one of the complaints here. And today we got a yellow card on the first minute.

But in general it is very very very rare thing. In the game it can be every 7 or 8 games which is in fact very often. And I'm talking only about matches where my team plays.

It has never happened in the prem before! That was a new one for the prem league.

You really drawing games 4:4 in 7 or 8 games?

What I noticed is that if you're winning 2-0 at half-time and say "You're pleased" the team rolls over and dies the second half.

But if you say "Encourage" then they go out and win.

The mechanics of FM are seriously all over the place. So many things wrong with this game. I'm actually just about ready to quit playing it forever.

Rubbish - this is one of the easiest things to prgram...hell I could do it in COBOL or Microsofts VBA...

i would LOVE to see how you make a programme get the feel for something, not just banning yellow cards in the first 10 minutes of a game, but for the ref to actually get the feel of the atmosphere of the players, please please do explain.

Agree with the atletico madrid 'reputation' post. I always wondered why wenger always leaves arsenal to atletico madrid. Their reputation is way too high. They haven't really achieved much in recent history apart from one uefa cup trophy.

Agree with the atletico madrid 'reputation' post. I always wondered why wenger always leaves arsenal to atletico madrid. Their reputation is way too high. They haven't really achieved much in recent history apart from one uefa cup trophy.
In my savegame Atletico is managed by Santi (a former player). But that doesn't change anything. With Wenger or with considerably unknown Santi they are a top class team that is by default a serious contender both in La Liga and in Champions League. While Valencia for example can well end up the season on 10-th position in the table. This is something I cannot understand. Seems like a lot of Atletico fans among the game creators. :)

Archived