Your great FM Story

This is about arguably my most memorable FM memory. It was on FM07 so I don't have the save anymore so no screenshots available.

I was in charge of Arsenal and I remember having an absolutely injury-ravaged season. I wasn't winning games, I was dominating but my team could never convert so we kept dropping needless points. I remember halfway through the season, I was like in 8th or 9th position, I don't know how I kept the job. But after that slump, we started a really long winning streak even beating Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool consecutively. And by the last game of the season, we were in 3rd just ahead of Liverpool by one point, behind Manchester United by one and behind Chelsea by two.

So that meant on the final day, if I win and both Manchester and Chelsea dropped points, I'd win the league. I was home against Charlton and both Manchester and Chelsea had away games. Needless to say, before the game I completely expected us to just turn Charlton inside out but lo and behold, Hasselbaink scored to give them a 1-0 lead going into half-time. I didn't have the balls to check the latest scores so I didn't how the other fixtures were going.

It was Henry who stepped up and saved the match. He scored one fluke free-kick goal from the left byline and scored the winner with an amazing solo goal from the halfway line. 2-1 winners and now all that mattered were how the Manchester and Chelsea games went. Amazingly, both of them dropped points so I won the league by a single point.

I still get goosebumps everytime I remember it. Pity I don't have the save anymore.

So anyway, that's my great FM story. Care to share any of your own?

So far it is winning the champions league with Wolves for the first time. 2-0 down at half time, told them I wanted to see more, Vagner Love scored 2 minutes into the 2nd half, 10 minutes later he scored again, In the 80th minute it was 2-2 and Pato scored, 3-2, i was almost in tears! Then Vagner banged in a header from a corner in the 89th, 3-3, my players were knackered so I was sure Id be beaten in extra time. Then, from a misplaced backpass, Love broker free, their defender was closing, Love was running on nothing but fumes, he dinked right and this was enough to draw the foul, penalty wolves in the 93rd minute, Love grabbed the ball and stepped up..........GOAL! FT Wolves 4-3 AC Milan.

Hoping that something better is to come, currently just breaking into the Euro Cup Quals with FC Santa Claus.

Came back from 3-0 down to beat Barcelona in Champions League final... Half time score was 3-0, asked my team 'Where's the passion?', and they showed me some... Full time score was 4-4... Score a goal in 118th minute of Extra time to clinch a second consecutive champions league title for Grasshoppers Zurich...

This is about arguably my most memorable FM memory. It was on FM07 so I don't have the save anymore so no screenshots available.

I was in charge of Arsenal and I remember having an absolutely injury-ravaged season. I wasn't winning games, I was dominating but my team could never convert so we kept dropping needless points. I remember halfway through the season, I was like in 8th or 9th position, I don't know how I kept the job. But after that slump, we started a really long winning streak even beating Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool consecutively. And by the last game of the season, we were in 3rd just ahead of Liverpool by one point, behind Manchester United by one and behind Chelsea by two.

So that meant on the final day, if I win and both Manchester and Chelsea dropped points, I'd win the league. I was home against Charlton and both Manchester and Chelsea had away games. Needless to say, before the game I completely expected us to just turn Charlton inside out but lo and behold, Hasselbaink scored to give them a 1-0 lead going into half-time. I didn't have the balls to check the latest scores so I didn't how the other fixtures were going.

It was Henry who stepped up and saved the match. He scored one fluke free-kick goal from the left byline and scored the winner with an amazing solo goal from the halfway line. 2-1 winners and now all that mattered were how the Manchester and Chelsea games went. Amazingly, both of them dropped points so I won the league by a single point.

I still get goosebumps everytime I remember it. Pity I don't have the save anymore.

So anyway, that's my great FM story. Care to share any of your own?

I've found that favourable outcomes to end of season clinchers are often pretty favourable TBH.

My favourite moment recently has been coming back from 4-1 down in the first leg to turn Celtic over 3-0 at home then beat Real Madrid and Barcelona to win the Champions League with Everton. Yobo had Messi so far in his pocket he only came out in the wash.

Best I had was taking over a miserably poor Spurs team in the early 2030s, relegation threatened, selling off all the dreck, bringing in talented players for relatively little money, and taking them to the top half of the table by the end of the season. Next season I won the title, pipping my former team, Liverpool, who I'd made nigh on unbeatable(their boss was using almost exactly my old team) to the the title on the last day of the season.

I then sold off a few of the players I'd signed for big money, and built a nearly completely English side, and dominated the next 3 seasons.

This was on last years game though.

Archived