How do I sell players..........

but the clubs aren't making bids and the player(s) is reluctant to leave the club. Do I simply knock down the asking price to attract bids? I want to sell Louis Saha and Jermaine Beckford and Victor Anichebe but I cam't get no interest. Even offer to clubs has no impact.

I can't sell Babel, Aquilani, Konchesky, Cole or Assulin. I offer them out for what they're valued at, and all I get are ****** loan to buy offers. Not even a half-value offer or anything like that. I don't even need the money, I just want them off the wage bill. My reserve team is probably Championship quality at this point. I couldn't even get a nibble for Degen and I offered him out for free.

Do you think that Harry Redknapp hasn't been trying to flog Jenas, Bentley, O'Hara, Keane etc. for the past 3 seasons? Sometimes it's just impossible to sell a player.

A player on circa 45k a week such as Jenas and Bentley aren't going to take a wage cut at a team where they could get first team football. And obviously, no team thinks Bentley or Jenas are worth 45k a week on top of what Spurs would want for them.

Keane has been offered to clubs for what, £5m? That's a great price for a player of his calibre. So why hasn't he gone anywhere? That old stumbling block is in the way again - wages. He's Spurs' highest earner, and Birmingham are unlikely to want to break their wage structure for him.

The only time they're going to move to another club on lower wages is when their contracts runs out.

That said, it would be better if the AI at least bid on your players and then failed to come to terms with the player.

The AI probably has some way of knowing what wage your players are on (which probably involves clicking on their profile and looking at what wage they're on), so don't even bother lodging a bid. I'm pretty sure if Liverpool were to offer Aquilani, half a dozen clubs would bid for him. If his wages were a probably, they'd withdraw their offer. It's not rocket science.

ive found you just have to lower the asking price til you get a bid to offload some players. its not perfect, but i have no problem selling players, even liverpool players, apart from konchesky and aquilani. at least in the 1st season anyway. maybe its just too close to the players last transfer thats scuppering most bids for certain players and some just arent desirable enough (to the ai) to sell tbh...

maybe its because theyre not needed by you and not getting games that they generate no interest. play them at least once to trigger some form of interest and a 100% wage loan deal isnt the end of the world if all else fails.

If I ever really want to sell a player I always transfer list him then wait a day to see what interest there is. The number/quality of the clubs involved will give me an idea about how much I should be offering him out for, but if it is an anwanted squad player then I would be more than happy just to get his value and I'd probably expect to end up paying a chunk of his wages at his new club.

If you want to sell players but not send them on loan, when transer listing them also make them unavailable for loan. I also put in a 50% sell on clause to get a fee whenever they are sold on. This usually works for me, not all the time though because there are some players that no one wants.

Archived