What do i do wrong?

Hey, new to the game. Well i started with Blackburn Rovers in Premier League, got fired after little more then half the season, when i was just above the regulation-line. Hadn't figured out how to change team-instructions advanced then however. After being fired from Blackburn the only other job that would hire me was Sutton United in Blue bet square south (i think). I've now hired an assistance manager and take his advice on most ****. However i don't know if he's an idiot or not or if we just suck cause i've now played 8 games without taking a single point. My transfer budget is zero, but i've signed a couple of players on free transfer however.

Don't know if my media approach ****s **** up for me. As i'm bored with talking to the media mostly, and just send my assistant as much as possible, don't know, do this affect the players and your chances of winning? What do i do wrong?

Would be thankful for help as the game is already starting to get really boring when you just loose and loose.

Thanks,

Rickard

By the sounds of it, this is your first time playing? It can be quite difficult to get the hang of it but once you do it's a great game. My suggestion to you would be to start off with a big club - Barcelona/Real Madrid/Manchester United/Manchester City and have a play around with the tactics. As you're only Sutton United at the moment your Assistant Manager won't be the best so could be given the wrong answers to the questions at the press conference which can effect the morale of your squad.

By the sounds of it, this is your first time playing? It can be quite difficult to get the hang of it but once you do it's a great game. My suggestion to you would be to start off with a big club - Barcelona/Real Madrid/Manchester United/Manchester City and have a play around with the tactics.

this tbh. stick with a big team until u feel u have a basic enough graps of the game to then go onto bigger chalenges or more enjoyable games u think you would prefer.

Try again and stick with a basic 4-4-2 and play your best players and see what happens. Then when you are comfortable, send your scouts out to look for players and have a little play around with the players instructions and see how you get on . Remember,most of us were like you when we started but you will pick things up. Also reading the diferent forums helps with things like training,tactics and youth players.

Thanks, I played 4-4-2 in the beginning however, then after loosing too many games i changed to 5-3-2. I also bought a lot of players, spent nearly all my transfer budget. Guess i'll give it another try though with another big club.

Don't listen to them mate ;)

Just take your fav team and play.

You'll learn soon enough.

Did you start your game with "Attributes masked"? If yes, don't.

Start off with that option un-checked and you will find things easier.

I would recomend you go to good player/team forum.

Here is the Official good player/team forum links thread. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230189-FM-11-Official-Forum-Links-Thread

Here you will find club threads where much help advice support and general banter can be had.

Club threads can help you decide on what team to be as you caan see things like squad strengths and weakness's, plus the clubs financial position which is always important.

You will also find threads on individual players, bargain buys and threads that list good GK's, good Strikers Etc Etc.

There is alsp a very good tactics/training forum where much advise can be gained.

Once you have the hang of things, you may find that armed with all this new found knowledge, the game gets too easy after 20 or 30 years ;)

In which case, I recomend checking out the 'Challenge and sign up' forum and maybe accept one of the more inventive challenges

Lol i have also played this game since the first version on the amiga. Only game i missed was 2008.

I have found out that the best way to start is to find a club a bit down in the leauge system, like leauge two or blue premier.

Whats important is two find a club with OK or better economy and with a board thats happy if u just stay above regulation. (can be hard)

This will bye u some time to get things right. And remember to always loan players from better leauges.

Archived