goal from throw in

If the opposition throws the ball into the goal it should be a goal kick.

If the team's own player throws the ball into their own goal it should be a corner.

But I'm gonna go ahead and presume you mean a player getting an assist from a throw in?

In which case I don't really keep count.

Yeah I mean assist. Not like directly throwing into the goal, which doesn't make sense.... I'm not even sure you can ask players to do that here..

Anyway, it's kinda rare though and fun to watch. The one I'm talking is the guy thrown the ball into the penalty box, and my player headed it in.

How often do you see this in a real game? Just wondering like? I know Stoke have lots of goals from throw-ins from Delap and they'd rather put the ball out for a corner than a throw-in!!!

It would be cool to see a handspring throw-in like Leah Fortune did in the Women's World Cup!!

The fact I haven't noticed any probably means I haven't seen too many to take notice.

IRL, I've seen 0 and I'm not saying FM has a low rate compare to RL matches. These thing doesn't happen everyday anyway.

I saw one of my opponents do that long flat bullet throws in one of the game and it looks cool, so I decided to train all of my throw in takers to have long flat bullet PPM just for the heck of it.

10 seasons in with countless matches and countless throw-ins, I got like 2 so i'm not even sure it's even worth training that PPM at this point. I just want to know if anyone else got a high amount for some reason, but guess the answer is no.

Delap used to be a Javelin athlete - according to his wiki page.

He's assisted 37 goals since 1997 - and assisted 11 goals in 2010 alone (not all in the one season)

I only really remember Melchiot and Dixon being good at long throws. I guess it doesn't happen all that often in a real game either?

Archived