"Error: Football Manager 2011 is Already Running"

doesnt it auto run when you install? Is it in you list in the task manager as running?

I have set it to autorun, but it always recommends I restart the system first. When I put the CD in and click autorun nothing happens. And it doesn't show it on the task manager. I even tried to load it up through "New Task" on that, but same thing happened. -_-

Could be this:

Install Issues

Some users have been getting a message after installing:

"The installation of Football Manager 2011 is finished, but some warnings occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details."

or

"The installation of Football Manager 2011 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details."

This is due to a conflict with the Games Explorer in Windows Vista and Windows 7, you will be able to run the game from the location it has been installed to (for example: C:/program files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/) without any issues.

Or maybe this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066642&viewfull=1#post6066642

Have you tried any of the above?

So I reinstalled the game and the message said the game installed correctly. However, when I click to play the game I get the User Account Control box with a "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer". When I click yes it says "Error: Unable to find some essential data". Do you think their maybe something wrong with the CD itself?

So I reinstalled the game and the message said the game installed correctly. However, when I click to play the game I get the User Account Control box with a "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer". When I click yes it says "Error: Unable to find some essential data". Do you think their maybe something wrong with the CD itself?

Are you running it as administrator? Right click the FM 11 icon and select "run as administrator". Another thing you could try would be disable UAC in control panel. Do so at your own risk though. But to be honest, I never use UAC and never have problems.

I just get the same message when I click "run as administrator".

I did install the game on my other laptop, and it works fine until I get to a match. It starts to slow down at the pre-match screen, and then when it gets onto the match plays a few seconds, the players stop running and the game just comes to a stand still. It hasn't frozen, cause I can still use the mouse, but nothing happens.

• 4 months later...

I'm aware this was a good 5 months ago but I'm now trying to play FM11 on my netbook, had no problems with it at all on my laptop but I've had to scrap my laptop and now need it on my netbook.

I tried a few of the things mentioned in this thread and nothing worked, did you get in touch with customer services? did you manage to sort the problem?

Any help much appreciated :)

Archived