Idea: New kits for the new season

Most teams these days change their kits every season. At least their away kits change. You should be able to have new kits each season. Maybe you have no choice, but if you're liked by the board maybe you can choose from options (like with a feeder club) or even design it yourself.

Thoughts? :o

I've thought about this in the past, I just don't think it is a workable idea. Would other teams kits change too? The strips would have to be designed by the computer and you would almost certainly end up with some very strange kits.

It could affect game play - the board foists upon you a new kit after a couple of seasons and the fans flock to buy it, so a spike in merchandising money. Maybe the kit can change with a change of sponsor. Any maybe a special kit after a win of a major cup or on an anniversary.

I don't think we should design it though - it should be a board/marketing decision.

It could affect game play - the board foists upon you a new kit after a couple of seasons and the fans flock to buy it, so a spike in merchandising money. Maybe the kit can change with a change of sponsor. Any maybe a special kit after a win of a major cup or on an anniversary.

I don't think we should design it though - it should be a board/marketing decision.

Yes, I also think this would be a good idea.

I guess, though, some teams are more likely to change their kits more often than others (Nottm Forest for instance), while some team never change their kit, or have only done it once in a couple of generations. So the team and/or the board would have to have a value on how often they change.

Maybe you could also have fans not liking a new kit ;)

Archived