Unreasonably massive number of players Either footed or strong on both feet

As it says in the title, have your scouts gone looney or something, everyone knows players like Robin Van Persie, Bendtner, Darren Fletcher, Jonny Evans, Luka modric, Gareth Barry ....................................................................................... List goes on for about 20 pages, only use one foot and only use the other in rare occasions and when they do are worse for it - e.g shots\passes\crosses are rarely on target.

But on this game the world and his wife has either strong or farily strong on their weaker foot for some unknown reason.

Do you actually watch football at all? Chamakh doesnt have a fairly strong left foot, everyone can see that, the same goes for bendtner and the rest of the million players on fm2011 that seem to have that ability.

The actual number of players in the world who are good with both their feet can be probably counted in less than 100, yet on here more like a 100,000.

Its like Edin Dzeko who plays for Wolfsburg in Germany, on here you have him as 'Either' footed - very strong on both feet, but if you have actually seen him play you will know that he is LEFT FOOTED, not either, not fairly strong on his right foot, just LEFT FOOTED. Its so messed up on FM2011 that he actually takes set pieces with his right foot - so this isnt based on real life i take it? just something you've made up.

For a team that has made football games for years i cant believe the amount of stuff that isnt actually right and most normal Football fans can see from a mile off

I think the researchers just want to be safe and assume things in case IRL players suddenly play well with their other foot. As far as I know, there is not an option to train your players to become better with the weaker foot.

Btw using a Bundesliga player as example for research error is not a good idea. Unless you haven't noticed, those players have strange attributes compared to like the EPL, Serie A, and La Liga players.

I think the researchers just want to be safe and assume things in case IRL players suddenly play well with their other foot. As far as I know, there is not an option to train your players to become better with the weaker foot.

Btw using a Bundesliga player as example for research error is not a good idea. Unless you haven't noticed, those players have strange attributes compared to like the EPL, Serie A, and La Liga players.

Can someone explain this to me? I try not to sign any Bundesliga players for this reason. Their attributes are all over the place.... 18 work rate and 2 team work. 8 first touch 16 technique. WTF

OP why havent you brought all these up as data issues in the right threads is thats the case?

At the end of the day that's what these are, and you should be bringing these to the researchers attentions. because putting it here wont get anything changed

also RVP is two footed, but he doenst like using his weaker foot, and hence is rated as two footed and has the "avoids using weaker foot PPM"

if i remeber rightly the rating is against his strong foot, so no all the rating seem "unreasonable"

modric is largely two footed, as is fletcher.

if you have proof for all these i suggest you raise them in the right places

I think the description makes it seem better than it is.

'Fairly strong' is quite poor.

Strong is only when I consider them to be decent on it.

I agree, ive had a look at some of the players

fairly strong is normally 12 , compared to 20 on their strongest side, so actually not all that strong at all

but still hes brought it up in the wrong place at any rate

In that case, players in game are far too willing to pass/shoot with their 'fairly strong' foot than try and move it onto their 'very strong' foot first. It's very rare to see players try and work the ball to get a bit of space for passing or shooting with their stronger foot and it would be good to see this more often.

In that case, players in game are far too willing to pass/shoot with their 'fairly strong' foot than try and move it onto their 'very strong' foot first. It's very rare to see players try and work the ball to get a bit of space for passing or shooting with their stronger foot and it would be good to see this more often.

agreed,thats a different issue, and thankfully one that has been noted (its in the ME fixes coming for 11.2)

some players are deceiving.

a lot of people would say that michael owen is adept on his weaker foot and he would regularly take shots and play short and long passes with his left, which would say his left foot ability should be relatively high, but watch him closely and you will see him only dribble the ball with his right foot. its a minor miracle if he dribbled with his left so that would say his left foot ability is low.

if you watch steven gerrard, he is pretty good with both feet and can hit a ball well with his left, and will use his left foot to dribble, but watch him play on the left and he cuts back to his right 9 times out of 10 (watch highlights of any england game for proof). this can be factioned into the game where he could have the 'rarely uses weaker foot' ppm, but there is no such option in owen's scenario. maybe it is something to consider for future releases.

Archived