Why FM 2011 is so seriously broken while FM 2010 is a good game?

I am wondering why the new version of a game will deteriorate like this. Do they need to build a game from the ground up each time? Or are they just in the habit of destroying the good thing instead of perserving it?

Is there a way that we can get our money back? Or we can just express our serious discontent by not buying next time? I am afraid FM 2011 is so full of craps (a completely broken transfer market, which is certainly the core of the game - what is the fun if we can't sell the players we dislike and spare the money for those we like? /a confusing home-grown system - one time Lukaku (brought while he was 17) is regarded to be home grown, the next time he just stops to be one (nothing in "due date" anymore) - what the hell / too many buttons to click just for one action, which certainly damages our hand / many options of a conversation verge on the point of absurdity /and countless others) that it can hardly be rescured by a new pitch. There are many discussions about whether this game is playable. It certainly is playable in the technical sense that it can keep running. But too many games are playable in this sense but we won't buy it and play it at all. The important question is whether it is enjoyable. I doubt how many who enjoy FM 2009 or 2010 would still find FM 2011 enjoyable!

There is a blog on the main website that talks about the economy and how this is being reflected in game. They state that many clubs are not buying players currently. They also state that 'loan to buy' is the flavour of the month in game and this reflects real life with the 2010 transfer window being the lowest for a long long time!

Lam

as long as people willingly go and spend £30+ every year on a slightly updated version of the same game, there is no motivation for si to develop anything better. i waited until all the patches were out before buying a secnod hand copy of fm 10 because the newly released games are always full of bugs - but they know full well that people will buy it anyway..

I havent got the game yet, was waiting a little while longer to squeeze a bit more time out of FM2010 because i was a late buying it, would the general opinion be to wait until the mystical 3rd patch?

Once you've installed and started to play FM11 you won't look back. I haven't encountered this mythical 'transfer bug' people are moaning about and I'm sure many thousands of players haven't as well, so chances are you'll be fine too. The game isn't perfect, I've noticed several bugs, but they are far from being gamebreaking in any way. I'd say it's a solid version of the game.

• 1 month later...

The FM series has been going downhill since 08. FM 11 is just another step in the river of crap being released in recent years. There are so many problems like not being able to sell anyone, the training system is unusable, players get unhappy way too easily, the classic one on ones issue has gotten worse, teams get way too many shots in matches to be realistic. The patches have not fixed anything either. With FM 2011 being so bad I shudder to think what FM 12 will be like

The BS about the loan to buy option is just a way for SI to shift blame from their pathetic attempts at testing the game because every single time you let a player go on the loan to buy option, when his time at the club is epired and they come in with the agreed bid, you accept but then the club who wants to buy said player offer pathetic wages to him and he says he wont go unless you subsidise the remainder of his wages for what is left on his remaining contract with you, resulting in you end up paying, in some instances £2-3m in wages for a player that is no longer at your club. Pathetic. And to the guy stating the transfer bug is "mythical". How is that when this site is innundated with threads regarding this. Mythical?, get real.

Why FM 2011 is so seriously broken while FM 2010 is a good game?

Because FM11 isnt broken and FM10 isnt perfect.

There are bugs in FM11, but it simply is not as terrible as everyone makes out.

There is no tranfer bug. There WAS a transfer bug in 11.1, but its no longer there.

Cant sell a player - big wow - look at the real world, and look at how small the transfer window was this year - apart from man city, it was tiny in comparason to previous years, even the big guns like barcelona had to say no to fabregas because they simply didnt have the money.

kevinlhk - please next time set out your post alot cleaner, paragraphs would be nice, instead of 1 big pile of mess.

Now transfer markey was some what fixed in the recent patch, gladly I can sell my players now for something, rather than cancelling their contract with a pay out fee on my side of things.

I have not had the tactic bug due to the fact I always only use the standard 4-4-2. So I guess I am 1 of the lucky ones. Other than that I have not seen any other bugs, maybe the 1 about not getting job offers. but other than those 3, don't know why people are chucking a hissyfit daily.

there have been workarounds for all those 3 bugs posted in the forums so you will just need to use those for the time being

I think the ME is absolutely spot on it's just the transfer and tactics problems

no, it's broken... definitely broken...

It's a lot better since 11.2 but it's still not right, just take a look at this thread if you don't believe me:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231054-Official-FM2011-Match-Engine-Feedback-Thread

or in this forum:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/204-Match-Engine-3D

I'm sure that the problems aren't unfixable, but they are there still...

..and what about the corners? They seem too easy for some people.

The FM series has been going downhill since 08. FM 11 is just another step in the river of crap being released in recent years. There are so many problems like not being able to sell anyone, the training system is unusable, players get unhappy way too easily, the classic one on ones issue has gotten worse, teams get way too many shots in matches to be realistic. The patches have not fixed anything either. With FM 2011 being so bad I shudder to think what FM 12 will be like

training system ? what is this supposed bug ? why not help to try to fix the problem by uploading a saved game so they can see whats wrong instead of just posting the supposed problem and complaining ?

Archived