Ass Man's player instructions

I always use my ass man to do the player instructions which he was doing fine in my Spurs and Huddersfield Town saves, however now that I'm Harrogate Town this option isn't available and i have to do them on my own. Is there any reason for this? I imagine it's something to do with his 'tactical knowledge' stat however I'm not prepared to sack him and pay compo and find this is not the case. Any help would be appreciated.

I was just going to post the very same problem :)

The 'ask assistant' button is greyed out on the opposition instructions screen. However, my assman is pretty much the best available for a non league team:

dodds.jpg

I suppose it must be 'tactical knowledge' that stops him doing opposition instructions? If so at what level out of 20 will they do it?

If the assistant advice button is grey, it means he doesn't think any particular instructions are necessary.

Nope, that's not it. I've had this assman all season long and he hasn't suggested ANY opp. instructions. It must be something to do with tactical knowledge...

edgar is correct. It is solely due to his lack of tactical knowledge. It should be the first thing you look for in an assman at this level.

I don't know the 'tipping point', nor whether a higher attribute results in more info or more accurate info. My L6 assman has a good rating so I depend on him for my oppo instrucs and in-game advice. I wouldn't let him take press conferences, team talks, handle contracts or anything else he doesn't have the attributes for.

When I said above, he had answered his own question, I meant that yes, it is due to low tac knowledge. Sack him and look for a better one.

but be careful. I once sacked my ass man specifically for this reason. Then discovered that the new idiot had to LEARN the new league so he was totally greyed out for four months anyway.

Then, after four red cards in three games, I decided not to use ass man OIs anyway.

but be careful. I once sacked my ass man specifically for this reason. Then discovered that the new idiot had to LEARN the new league so he was totally greyed out for four months anyway.

Then, after four red cards in three games, I decided not to use ass man OIs anyway.

Yeah, I did mention about the league knowledge and yes indeed you should always check the assmans tackling OI!! They all come from the Mick McCarthy school of hard knocks!

For a third season, every single match, the only OI my assman gives is tight marking for everyone but defenders and GK. He has tactical knowledge 4.

Btw I have 3 assistant managers, signed with role assistant manager, how do I choose which is the main one? They were at the club when I came.

Archived