Man City's shockingly poor start! In all my years Never seen a big club start so bad

apart from Malouda and Anelka being banned for the whole of pre-season.....im enjoying the game so far ..... im chelsea and top of the league with 8 wins from 8. same with Man Utd who also have 8 from 8.........West ham(5th), Villa(3rd) and Bolton(4th) are having good starts to

Liverpool (10th) and Arsenal (9th) are having slow starts

and poor Fulham (20th) and Blackpool (19th) still haven't won a game

but the reason i made this thread is because of Man City Amazingly bad start

they lay in 18th with 1 win 1 draw and 6 loses !!!!! and only scored 2 goals !!!!

so far....

Sunderland (a) lost 1-0

Liverpool (h) lost 1-0

Everton (a) lost 1-0

Man Utd (h) lost 2-0

Chelsea (a) lost 2-0

Fulham (h) win 2-0

Villa (a) lost 1-0

West Brom (h) Draw 0-0

iv never seen a team with so many great players in the game do so bad......i remember Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona and Monaco doing bad some times in old FM games but never as bad as this......

and to be honest....i like it

bolton and stoke were overachievers in my game.

as for your "big teams going down" statement, i had a save in fm10 where spuds went down in first season, must of been the 4-0 drubbing they got at the start against me, never recovered from it xD

They finished 9th in season one in my game, sacking mancini on the last day (who then went straight to chelsea).

Season 2 at the 25th game point and they sit 14th, all the big names want out and there seems to be no unity at all. they keep spending money on youth

I am trying to take advantage of the situation (milner for 5 mil and tevez for 8mil), but thanks to the stupid wage system they have it's gonna be a struggle!

City ain't a big club and they haven't won anything for 34 years :p

Buying the odd gem and a load of misfits who fell out at their own clubs doesn't necessarily mean they'll get close to fixing that on FM or in real life.

Think when you look at how average some of the players they've bought are on the game then it isn't suprising to see them struggle. They've got a very poor defence too and the game struggles to get the players out in the kind of shape they'd field in real life. Ie a load of defensive midfielders and a load of attacking wingers doesn't really fit into a formation on the game where as Mancini can in real life because he isn't under the limitations of a match engine!

I'm newcastle and they are battling me for mid table at the minute in the first season.I also think they'll find it much harder going next season seeing as they've managed to upset both Tevez and Balotelli enough to request transfers already.They keep offering me Tevez but Ashley the tit keeps telling me he is an unrealistic signing

ah come on !! yes trophy wise their not a big club but player wise and pulling power they are ........im a chelsea fan since 1995 and we had the same thing said about us in 2003. start of 2003/04 season we could but any one in the world 10 times over and we did !!! But some people still said 2 FA cups and a few micky mouse trophies in 40 years doesn't make you a BIG CLUB.....but it all depends on where you sit on this ..

i believe the Power and money Man City have right now, outweigh the fact that they haven't won any thing in 30 odd years.....so i say they ARE a big club.....JMO

City aren't a big club, for a start. If you argue otherwise, you're an egit.

I think it's realistic that on certain saves they're struggling. They made a lot of signings and changes in the summer and that can either mean hitting the ground running or starting slow, or terribly.

Archived