When a player is concerned with lack of discipline at club, how.....

How do you know what exactly he is referring to. Modric is complaining, but everyone seems happy more or less.

The only things i can think of that have caused him to complain are;

* Walker and Kadlec have both moaned to the press about wanting to leave due to no team opportunities, little s****ts.

* Alot of players are picking up yellow cards, two red cards already this season in 20 games or so.

* After a match i give the players who have played 1-2 days off training because they are knackered.

I have resolved the situation with modric, but it is frustrating not knowing what exactly he is on about.

I had a defender commit an outrageous professional foul (clean through on goal, a yard outside the penalty area, in injury time...) and we won 1-0.

I thought, "nice one." No action.

Result: three players unhappy with lack of discipline.

Since then I've always warned players for all red cards and never had a problem again.

But wouldnt it make a player unhappy if he was controversially sent off and you fined him anyway?

This is what seems flawed.

As already mentioned, there is no recognition of context for the rest of the squad - you simply have no choice but to warn/fine to keep them happy. But for the player involved in the incident there is a difference, and they will often become unhappy. It is a no-win situation.

Archived