FM11 Match Preparation Screen

Hello,

As a number of people play this, I like to go attacking at home, and counter attack when away from home. Will this change from 'attacking' to 'counter attack' every other game mean that the mentality bar will stay low?? Should I use the same mentality every game?!

Thanks

Hello,

As a number of people play this, I like to go attacking at home, and counter attack when away from home. Will this change from 'attacking' to 'counter attack' every other game mean that the mentality bar will stay low?? Should I use the same mentality every game?!

Thanks

No not at all.

With the option to have the team learn 3 tactics at a time, just save one with attacking and one counter then have them learn both. Its not even that essential if its only mentality that changes because everything else will be familiar to the team.

I think its like you can tell them learn 3 different tactics. Then they will better at these than if you just switched to a random one so you can set them up at the start of the season and pick either of them as your match tactic and they should be good at playing it.

Then theres the specific focus which I'm not sure how much importance it has but basically I see it as like a teamwork training thing. I don't think you really need to mess with this screen before each match its more of a customised team training thing rather than individual player attributes training.

Surely you make some adjustments, like if you need to push for a goal late on in the match. You can then save your usual tactic change to do this so they're better prepared for when you make the call to go all out attacking. You won't really do too well if you never change your tactics.

The only adjustements i do are in the beginning of the game. Finding a tactic that makes the team play the way i want them to.

When that is done, i do nothing. Just choose my squad on matchday, and just let them play.

Definitely not the most succesful manager on FM, that's for sure. But i did take Groningen to a few consecutive dutch championships, and semis in the Champions League.

Veeeeeeery very late in the game.

I just want to find, and keep, players that fit in my system.

I'm not even sure if i understand what the match preparation screen is all about, or what we're supposed to be able to do there.

Anyone who'd like to shed some light on that for me? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Learning tactics isn't the only thing it's good for. But if you only do use 1 tactic then set the other 2 to None and possibly drop down the workload so that you can increase the workload of the regular training (I don't know if this is done automatically for you)

The special focus would also be good if you have a number of new players (team blend) or facing a better team (defensive focus) or even when you have a height advantage against a team (attacking set piece focus)

This is more of a tactical decision on a per match basis.

Surely you make some adjustments, like if you need to push for a goal late on in the match. You can then save your usual tactic change to do this so they're better prepared for when you make the call to go all out attacking. You won't really do too well if you never change your tactics.

What if your usual tactic change for a late onslaught involves putting extra strikers on the pitch? Are substitutes covered in the match prep screen? Will they happen automatically if you switch between tactics during a game?

I assume that as long as you are playing a formation/tactics similar or identical to the one shown on your match preparation screen, than the values your players have for that formation/tactics will apply automatically.

So if I have a standard 4-4-2 and then a more desperate, attacking 4-3-3 set up in my match preparation, when I switch to the latter late in a losing game my players are already familiar with it and prepared for the change.

Archived