Approaches for Manager

I was thinking in the game there could be more media storys about another club approaching you to be their manager.

You could have the board rejecting the club involved unless they paid compensation or something along those lines.

At the moment I feel it is fairly unrealistic in the way you can just resign and join another club because if your club wanted to keep you they would demand compensation.

Does anyone else have any ideas on this?

More and more media is always needed. So I agree.

I do however disagree with this...

At the moment I feel it is fairly unrealistic in the way you can just resign and join another club because if your club wanted to keep you they would demand compensation.

Well, in fairness this can happen IRL. Managers quit to take over another club, hence no compensation. This is usually dealt with by a court case and I certainly don't want that in the game. I prefer to have the freedom to move whereever I want.

sorry but i just gotta sidetrack from your topic abit. i think its really a disadvantage that we as a manager in the game cannot approach another manager to offer them a job contract. like how avram grant offered henk ten cate to join chelsea as asst manager. it wud be more realistic. dont u think so?

sorry but i just gotta sidetrack from your topic abit. i think its really a disadvantage that we as a manager in the game cannot approach another manager to offer them a job contract. like how avram grant offered henk ten cate to join chelsea as asst manager. it wud be more realistic. dont u think so?

I would agree with this. I have tried to do this before. I think I have actually done it before though but I think it was a foreign or lower league club.

Compensation is already factored into the game, but like with all staff, there is a limit of £1m. I noticed this when, as Shakhtar manager I was offered the Lille job. They only offered 100k to spend on transfers, but I took it all the same. On arriving at Lille, my transfer budget had disappeared, so out of curiosity I looked to see whether that was due to Shakhtar being compensated for my departure, which, it happens they had.

Originally posted by Radzkal:

dont some managers have the ability to be assmen. im sure redknapp has it, and i had paul ince as my assman a while back.

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

dont some managers have the ability to be assmen. im sure redknapp has it, and i had paul ince as my assman a while back.

I think all managers do, it's jsut a matter of whether ot not they are willing to accept the job. I seem to remember having Houllier as my assistant at Barca a couple of games ago.

Archived