just a thought

does anyone else think that when u ask a player to learn something such as not diving into tackles and they refuse that u sld be able to demand it, i mean after all we are the manager. was bugging me as a player with 20long shots wouldnt take more long shots and refused to learn, anyone got any views on this?

yea true, obviously players would get unhappy, but however i just can't imagin most managers in a top league asking a player to learn something, surely they would tell them lol

They would but I think it would help if you were respected by the players or had been a that club for many years. I cant see the players listening too much to a manager that had been at a club for a few days. Where as if it was Sir Alex Ferguson then I think the players would listen more.

does anyone else think that when u ask a player to learn something such as not diving into tackles and they refuse that u sld be able to demand it, i mean after all we are the manager. was bugging me as a player with 20long shots wouldnt take more long shots and refused to learn, anyone got any views on this?

If your players are taking too many long shots you need to sort out your tactics. By this I mean the individual players advanced settings and set long shots to rarely. Also if the player has a high long shot rating, why would he want to stop one of the thngs he's good at.

I've never understood why we can't punish a player who refuses to learn something their manager tells them too. I can't imagine Fergie taking to kindly to one of his players telling him no, then just carrying on as though nothing happened.

It's a lot more realistic the way it is. I had a coach who told me to kick the ball towards the corner flag and chase after it. He also asked me to stop kicking with the outside of my foot. Of course my reaction was that I didn't think that would help my game. You can always punish the player by not playing him. Also, I think the PPM's don't trump the advanced tactics because I have a player who looks for the pass instead of the shot but he is still taking absurd long shots because the Box to Box Midfielder role has long shots set to often by default.

Archived